Chapter- Thirteen

Explosion and the truth

My entire body freezes and my hands fall by my side as Lucifer kisses me harder, everything in my head screams at me to push him away but I couldn't even move a finger, it's almost like my hands are tied to my side.

Almost like, I couldn't control my body.

Lucifer pulls back and stares into my eyes as he licks his lips, "Now remove your mask and tell me your actual name." My fingers move to untie the mask but before the mask could remove properly a loud bang interrupts the entire ball.

The chandelier falls and shatters on the floor and that's when the chaos begins. People run around in different directions, Lucifer looks around and I take advantage of his distracted state and run away.

Noticing the front is blocked and many people are trying to escape as another bang sounds, this time it's a bar that goes up in flames. I jump just in time to avoid another chandelier falling on me, but because of my heels, I fall close to the shads of glass.

My body escapes the glass but my left-hand doesn't, I almost scream as I see my bloodied hand but I see Lucifer walking up to me I get up and run in another direction but not before I hear another bang followed by screams.

I run in the hall as I see big doors and I assume it's an exit. A big bang sounds behind me which makes me fall to the floor, I hear a baby cry in a room and I get up to open the room.

A path of fire is going to the baby crib, without much thought I run to pick up the baby just in time before the crib goes up in flames.

I cough as I inhale smoke, I run to the big doors with the baby in my arms and I wonder who would leave a baby alone in a big room.

I open the door but I feel myself fly as the building explodes, I land on my back before everything goes black.

~•~°~•~°~•~°~

Beep, beep.

I wake up to the sound of a beeping machine, white ceilings stare back at me, I try to up but my muscles refuse to work, a sharp pain on my right wrist makes me stop trying to sit up.

An IV machine is connected to my wrist, then I realize I'm in a hospital. The events of before come back and I rub my forehead with my other hand.

With hope, I try to sit up again and it works. I hear voices mumbling and I couldn't identify Storm's.

Their voices get louder, "The baby didn't die! And you're expecting me to calm down? Do you have any fucking idea what this means?!" Storm yells at someone.

Furrowing my eyebrows I pay more attention to their discussion.

I know, I know, eavesdropping is wrong but I'm really curious. What did he mean when he said the baby didn't die? Was a baby expected to die?