Chapter- Twelve

A dance with Lucifer

There's nothing better than waking up to your food being delivered to you when you're still in bed.

Perhaps it's because I'm being pitied by Storm because of my lack of memory. I woke up an hour ago on the bed wearing Storm's ash top.

"Thanks," I smile as I dig into the pasta. "Mhm" I moan as I lick the sauce off my lips.

"So tell me what I did when I was-- I don't know what to call it," I take another fork as Storm sits on the bed close to my feet.

"You were well behaved" Storm answers, "You didn't try to hop me like the last time. Probably because I warned you"

"I have a feeling you're lying," I narrow my eyes at him.

"Oh yeah? I'm the one who remembers everything and you have a lot of holes in your head so who's the liar?"

"I'm the one who didn't want to come here in the first place! And you're the one who in--" my phone rings and picks it up.

"Y'ello" Sabrina says, and a smile automatically appears on my face as I realize I miss my friend.

"Sabrina!"

"I'm glad you miss me," she says smugly into the phone. "Sorry I haven't been able to call you. I've been busy, did Cooper call?"

"No, he didn't." I sigh and I catch Storm rolling his eyes.

"He promised to call you! When I get my hands on him--"

"Okay, okay, calm down Sabrina. I'm sure he's busy and will call when he's not." I send Storm a pointed glare when he rolls his eyes again.

"Really? What could be more important than checking up on his girlfriend that went out of town?" Sabrina's furious tone doesn't amuse me, she has always hated Cooper so she grabs any opportunity to yell or cuss him out.

"You called when you got less busy." She stays quiet.

"I'm your best friend," I laugh out loud, but Storm takes my phone away from my ear and speaks with Sabrina.

"Hey, Sabrina this is Storm. Kathrine has to get ready for a party, so bye!" Storm disconnects the call and I throw a pillow at him.

"You're a jerk!"

"That wasn't what you thought of me early this morning." A smirk appears on Storm's lips as I stare at him, desperately trying to remember whatever I said this morning.