Chapter- Twenty-one

The unbelievable discovery

Crystal's eyes widen as they stare at Storm, the knife drops from the other man's hand as he mutters a word in some other language.

"Out!" Storm orders with an angry tone and they rush out like they are on fire.

"What? Why did you send them away?!" I ask. Storm turns to me with fury in his eyes.

"You need to be careful of who you accept into your homes!"

"She's an exorcist! A friend of Sabrina's, how is that not being careful? She wasn't a threat, but you had to come in here with your 'i'm going to end you' eyes!" Storm raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"My what eyes?" I roll my eyes, and Sabrina giggles but quickly covers it with a laugh.

"I'm going to check on Crystal." She leaves the apartment and I cross my arms at Storm.

"You're always involving yourself in my business! And it's getting on my nerves!" I shout.

"Really? Trying to protect you is bad? Trying to save your life is getting on your nerves?!" Storm asks tilting his head to the right.

"Protect me from what? Save my life from what? I've been perfectly okay, except you know something about me that I don't?" Storm shakes his head and tries to leave. "Oh, you're just going to leave?"

"You said you had no business with me until I told you my reason for my attack on that baby!"

Is he really playing that card?

"Are you serious?" The disbelief in my voice. Storm ignores me and leaves the apartment.

Sabrina comes in with a sigh, "Well, I couldn't find Crystal, and she isn't picking my call-- what did Storm mean by--"

"I have no idea, Sabrina." We hear the doorbell ring and I stand up and open the door. Cooper stands there with a flower and a guilty expression. "No," I yell at him as I try to slam the door he stops me.

"I'm sorry, Kathrine. I don't know why I did that--"

"You say the same thing every time you hurt me!" I say and he stares down.

"I'm sorry, I promise it wouldn't happen again. Please give me another chance." I laugh and cross my arms.

"Another chance?! Another fucking chance? So this time you would hurt me far worse? No, Cooper! No!" I say and blink my tears away.

"Please Kathrine--"

"You know, you aren't the only one who damaged this relationship. I cheated on you too," I say and watch as he stares at me blankly. "I had intimate moments with other people. I don't think we're good for each other. Cooper, we're both toxic to each other." The flower drops from his grasp, as he realizes he has lost me forever.