Chapter- Thirty- One

Christmas with Storm

Slowly I feel Storm detach himself from me and he gently pushes me off then gets out of the tub, "What's wrong?" I part of me feels frightened that he heard my confession from my thoughts but a more knowledgeable part of me is very aware that he couldn't have heard me. His hands weren't anywhere near my head.

Instead of giving a response, he bends over and carries me bridal style. He gently places me on the bed and walks to the closet, "Storm?" I call out as he gently massages my body with the towel, in anger, I snatch the towel from his hold.

"Would you fucking stop ignoring me?!" He blinks and sighs.

"What do you want me to say?" He asks nonchalantly as he cleans the water off his body and disappears in the closet and returns wearing a sweatpant with no shirt.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask quietly and he faces me.

"No, it's just we can't do anything. You're hurt badly and I also felt my demon rising." He answers and sits on the bed.

"But you know how to control your demon..."

"I did, now I don't know anymore." Storm finishes with finality in his tone and I could tell he was angry he doesn't have control over that part of himself. "Put on some clothes... Please." He adds when I narrow my eyes at him.

After putting in a silky nightgown I climb the bed and put the cover over me to fill in the silence in the bedroom I decided to ask Storm questions. "You never told me about the demon world." Storm turns his full attention to me.

"I told you the story about my childhood." Storm furrows his eyebrows when I giggle.

"No, I mean the stories about hell and Lucifer. We are told Lucifer rules hell." Storm sits up and I do the same.

"Well, hell is divided into seven. Lucifer only rules a part but due to his pride demons mistake it for strength and think of him a leader of other six rulers of hell." Storm starts.

"And they didn't oppose him?" I ask curiously.

"Nah, demons are dumb I'm so glad I'm not a full demon." Storm jokes, "Which was why they supported his decision to punish me even when I decided to get my revenge they still supported Lucifer and locked me up." He clenches his fist and I rub his fist and I feel funny in my stomach as he sends me a smile.

"Any particular reason why Lucifer punished you and he is hell-bent on making life miserable for you?" I ask.

"He wants control over the world, only a few demons can see souls of people that are still alive. The color of your soul reflects you and decides where you'll go when you die. Blue represents the holiest soul which is a rare kind of soul. A demon that feeds off a blue soul is bound to be stronger than others. Lucifer wants that. A blue soul but since he is a full demon he can't get close enough only a Nephilim can. He wants me to get him a blue soul and he can rule the world as cliche as it sounds." Storm explains while I stare at him unblinking.

"Wow." I yawn and Storm pulls me closer to him making my headrest on his chest.

"Go to sleep." I feel his lips press on my head as I fall asleep.

_______________________

The next day is Christmas Eve! And I and Storm decided to go shopping to make the apartment more Christmas-y, we shopped for half-day and got home then decorated the tree now I'm so tired as I listen to Storm speak with the witch in the apartment.

Storm had spoken to me earlier about inviting a witch over about the events that unfolded after he read my thoughts and so far the witch seems to be adding to my tiredness as Storm tries to explain to her.

"And you say it's a normal thing for you to read thoughts? But hers hurt you?" The witch asks.

"Yes!" Storm patience is slipping and so is mine, I couldn't wait to return to Christmas spirit, after all, I came to Seattle to escape all these demons stuffs but I guess it's a permanent aspect of my life right now.

I run my hands through my hair but I stop when the witch asking for my palm, she chants in weird language after I stretch out my hand. Her eyes turn white before it returns to purple.

Then she crumbles down and holds her head screaming Storm moves to her, "N-nothing!" She keeps screaming and I stare at Storm who sighs.

"She saw nothing and your head is probably affecting her too." I stare at my shoes with a frown as Storm sees her out of the apartment.

"What now?"

"We enjoy Christmas and forget I'm a demon and your head causes pain to demons and probably witches too. After Christmas and new year, we worry about that." Storm moves to hold my head in the hands but he stops and sighs then rubs my shoulders instead.

The rest of the day we didn't speak to each other unless necessary even at night after saying silent goodnight to each other we went to sleep- well I went to sleep. But I silently made myself a promise to make tomorrow a normal Christmas- a happy Christmas.

"Merry Christmas!" I yell into the phone when Sabrina calls the next morning then I giggle.

"Merry Christmas!!!" Her voice comes back loud aching my ear.

"How are you spending your Christmas with your beau?" I tease and it goes silent for a while but she responds.

"Um, we're spending it together. So what about you and Storm?" She quickly changes the topic.

Maybe they fought.

"Well, I'm going to force him to watch Christmas movies. And we're surely watching how the Grinch stole Christmas then drink eggnog and--"

"Seems like you're going to have fun." She interrupts with a laugh and I nod then remember she's unable to see me.

"Yes," after gossiping for a while we disconnect the call and I send a Merry Christmas to my parents I don't wait for their reply before I leave the room to see a full English breakfast on the table with a smiling Storm.

"Merry Christmas."

•°•°•°°•°°•

Guys! Guys! We hit 10 thousand reads!!!! I'm so happy. Thank you so much!

Seems no one has an answer as to why Katherine's head hurts demons.

Also a big thank you to VictoriaLachac for creating a ship name 'KATORM'

Check out her book☺ it's really interesting!!