Chapter- Nineteen

The palm reader and hallucinations

Am I going crazy?

Staring at my once lit laptop, I move closer and realize I'm indeed going crazy that's if I'm not crazy already.

My once burning laptop, lays on the couch without a scratch, in fact, it looks brand new, the smoke alarm never went off, even my blanket doesn't look to have been caught in the fire.

I snap my attention to the door as it opens, "What's wrong? You look like--" I wrap my arms around my best friend's neck.

"I'm sorry I was rude to you," I say and sniffle.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I heard what happened with Cooper." I nod and turn to my laptop again. "Why do you keep staring at your laptop that way?" I send her a smile and shake my head.

"Okay! I think we should go for a walk. You need fresh air,"

"No, no. I'm fine." I answer as I run my fingers through my hair and stare around the living room searching for anything out of the ordinary. I jump when I feel fingers rest on my shoulder.

"You need to go out, you can't keep mourning your failed relationship with Cooper--"

"I'm not mourning my relationship with Cooper!" I yell at Sabrina and she coils like I burnt her.

"Then what's wrong? You keep staring around and keep snapping at everyone for every little thing." I move closer to her and hold her hands.

"I think we are living with demons," I say with seriousness but Sabrina burst into laugher.

"I'm sorry you just sounded serious, c'mon let's go for a walk you need to clear your head."

"I'm not joking Sabrina," I say to her.

"Can you even hear yourself? You sound crazy!"

"I know it does, I didn't even want to believe it but then I started hear--"

"Enough Kathrine! You don't want to go for a walk? Fine, but don't make up stories about demons especially to me!" Sabrina walks to her room.

Then I hear a little chuckle, it's low and slips into my ears, I turn around but find no one there.

A sigh of tiredness escapes my lips as I flop on the couch and put on my earphones. After all, I've been told music distracts you from everything around you and I'm hoping it distracts me from the sounds I hear.