Chapter- Twenty- Three

Preparing for Thanksgiving dinner

You would think after my first encounter with these demons, I wouldn't be frightened by them anymore. But by just looking at their movement a shiver of fear runs down my back.

Not only are they demons crawling from my floor with hunger in their eyes, but there are two other demons, one stands in front of my shielding me from the other bigger ones, while I stand there thinking of what to do first.

Should I run?

Should I hit the demons from the floor?

Or

Should I stop Storm and Kaden from glaring at each other?

Fortunately, I don't have to think anymore, as Kaden speaks unknowingly canceling one of my options.

"What do you want?!" He spits out his question with disgust at Storm who doesn't look fazed.

"I would like it very much if you stepped away from her." Storm answers totally ignoring Kaden's question.

Which doesn't please Kaden, he moves closer to Storm and Storm isn't ready to be intimidated by him so he too moves closer, his eyes lose their whiteness as he exposes his fangs.

The growling and snarling of the demons crawling towards me interrupt their ego contest.

Storm moves at a fast speed and pushes his fist into one of the demon's chest, which makes him drop and turn into dust.

Kaden does the same, soon there are clouds of dust and gooey substances in my living room and on our clothes but that doesn't reduce their number instead it looks like they are increasing.

"They keep increasing in number, I think we should black where they are crawling from," Kaden announces.

Storm moves to the hole in the living room and literally pinched the skin of his wrist until it breaks, and lava starts coming out. I watch in amazement as the floor slowly closes as the lava pours in.

I notice a demon trying to sneak up on Storm and I pick up a baseball bat and slam it on his chest, he staggers a bit and stares at me angrily before stalking towards me.

But before he gets to me, he freezes and I see his heart popping out of his chest and he falls turning into dust. Kaden wiggles his fingers with a satisfied grin.

The floor closes and both Kaden Storm rush to me, "Are you okay?" They face each other and send deadly glares.

"I'm okay," I answer before they start fighting each other. "But my living room is not." I pout.