Chapter- Ten

Shopping and weird actions

We landed in Deventer sometime in the evening, and I just love how lively the city is. It's a bit crowded but I just love it and for the first time I accepted to go with Storm to the ball, I smile, a real smile, not a grimace.

Now, I'm in a car with Zachary, Storm, Mateo, and Dimitri. Zachary and I have been telling each other stories of when we were kids, sometimes he speaks like an old soul.

Which makes the conversation more interesting.

"So there was this one time, my mom and I visited the king of--"

"Woah, you are from a royal family?" My eyes widen, "I didn't say that. I-" Storm snickers.

"Nice going genius. He isn't from a royal family, he was about to make a story up and I'm glad you saw through his lies" Zachary's face goes red I whisper to his ears.

"I don't care if you lied at least you made the journey interesting, unlike someone that keeps acting like he has his period. So to me, you're from a royal family" Zachary smiles. Storm mutters something then stays quiet.

"So what's the ball about?" No one answers, the car grows quiet and I could feel the awkwardness.

"It's about a girl--"

"It's a family--"

"A group of friends--" Zachary, Storm, and Dimitri speak at the same time before they send each other glares.

"I'm so confused." I sigh and rest my head on the window and the car drives past buildings. 

I feel myself being laid on a soft surface, clearly we've gotten to the hotel room so I open my eyes, Storm's blue eyes stare into mine as he caresses my cheek slowly.

"What are you really?"

"What are you talking about?" I sleepy ask, leaning into his touch a sigh escapes my lips.

"Go to sleep" and my eyes slowly close and I fall asleep.

The next time I wake up happy, without ached muscles and I have the comfortable bed to thank. I stretch my arms and yawn and smile.

After taking my bath and putting on new clothes I get back in the bed, however, as I try to sleep again the door is opened by an energetic Zachary.

I groan into my pillow, "That's enough sleep, seriously how do you manage to sleep that long and still wish to sleep more?" He asks his voice laced with curiosity.

Pulling the covers closer to my neck I ignore Zachary, he yanks down the cover and I'm instantly reminded of how my mom woke me up to school when I still lived with my parent.

"We're going shopping. You need a dress for the ball. And you aren't going to get one laying on the bed like a heartbroken teenager." Zachary mutters and I imagine him rolling his eyes.