Chapter- Seventeen

In thy's neighbor's house, things happen

The creature's eyes glow as the moonlight shone above us, his smile is crooked, a foul odor escapes his lips as he widens his mouth, tears gather in my eyes as his fingernails grow longer when he wraps his fingers around my arm and my skin breaks at the pain a scream erupts from my throat and the creature explodes a black gooey substance splash on me.

"How did you do that?" Storm asks me as he runs up to me, I look at him and notice his lack of injury, instead, his shirt is stained with the same gooey substance I'm stained with.

"How are you not injured?" I ask, however, we are interrupted by growls and snarls.

"No time for questions, we have to leave here, they are increasing with each kill--"

"Is it the end of the world?" I ask Storm and he looks at me like I grew an extra head then he snickers and ignores me.

The ride home was silent, Storm kept clenching and unclenching his fist which made me very uncomfortable and I couldn't stop looking behind to check if those people were following us, I only calmed down when we got to our apartment building.

"Who were those people Storm?" I ask quietly in the elevator, Storm runs his hands through his hair with a sigh.

"It was a prank." He answers smoothly, I look at him in surprise.

"I'm not five, I know what a prank looks like and what I saw today wasn't a prank, it looked like an apocalypse! So don't tell me it was just a prank." I took a breath when people enter the elevator and stare at both Storm's and me, probably questioning why we were stained. "Happy Halloween," I say awkwardly, just to remind them it's Halloween and we can dress anyhow we wish to.

We get to our floor and get off, "Answer me Storm, what really happened tonight." I plead and he turns to me.

"Zack and Dimitri planned it. It's a tradition, they try to get me scared, and if they win they get whatever they wish for, and if I win I get whatever I want but they failed," Storm answers as he strolls to his room, I run up to him.

"So all that happened tonight was not real?" I ask he shakes his head.

"None of it was real,"

"I guess that makes sense," I say, although I still have doubts in my mind, I just have no idea what to call what happened tonight. I guess it's really a prank.

"Shoot, I don't have the key!" I slap my palm on my head.

"Well, I have the key to my apartment, and we can binge-watch any of your favorite horror series. With a bucket of ice cream," Storm offers wiggling his eyebrows, I bite my lips and smile.

"Sure. But I need to have a shower, I'm feeling sticky," I point to the stain on my clothes and he nods.

Storm's apartment is bigger and more decorated than mine, the walls are stainless white, and the couches are big and fluffy, they are three in number and all have different designs on them. Paintings are hung up on the walls a kitchen is connected to the living room and there's a little munching area at the corner.

"This way," Storm leads me to a flight of stairs and stops in front of a door, "You take your bath and I'll deliver some of my clothes to the room." I nod and mutter a 'thank you.'

I enter the bathroom and firstly confused by the operation of the shower, I pull off my clothes and turn on the shower but water doesn't come out, I turn it again and I'm hit by very cold water, I yelp and jump out. "Kathrine?" Storm calls out from the room.

"I'm fine!" I yell and turn the shower again but this time I'm hit by hot water that almost peels my skin off. The bathroom door is opened and Storm steps in.

"Are you okay?" Storm asks, and I nod distracted by the fact that the hot water pours on his but he doesn't look affected.

"How are you not screaming in pain? The water is very hot!" I say and he shrugs.

"Not everyone is fragile," he jokes and stares at me from head to toe and it's then I realize I'm naked. I use my hands and cover my body, "Sorry, I should have knocked--"

"No problem, can you make the water warm?" He turns the control slowly.

"There! Now you can enjoy your shower, I'll go set everywhere up." I nod and jump under the shower and I sigh at the cool water.

I think of my day and I feel a small sharp pain pierce my heart as I remember Cooper, I know I shouldn't cry over him, but Cooper is my first love, that's why I always forgave him every time he hurts me because I was scared of losing him to someone else. A part of me always knew I had lost him since the first time he hurt me, but I refused to believe that he wasn't mine anymore instead I held onto the part that believes I haven't lost him yet.

After this night, I've come to realize Cooper and I aren't meant to be. But I can't deny it still hurts.

I turn off the shower and tie the towel around my body and step out, a blue shirt I put it over my head and I check the mirror to be sure my nipples aren't pointing out. I wear black boxer briefs.

There's only one couch left in the living room, a big blanket lays on the floor with pillows, a big flat-screen TV is placed in front, the lights are dimmed the doorbell rings and Storm gets the door and he comes back with pizza.

"Oh, good you're here!" He grins and I climb down the stairs.

My dream Halloween is about to become a reality!

I smile and sit down, soon Storm comes sits close to me. And just like that, all my worries are gone.

•°•°•°•°•°

A short chapter, hopefully the next would be better and longer.

Teaser: Kathrine goes to find out what really happened during Halloween and she's shocked to find out the possibilities.

Have a nice weekend! 🤗 Don't forget to vote and comment.