Chapter- Twenty- five

Storm's pain

Storm's pain.

This time having sex doesn't feel strange, perhaps it's because I'm not doing it with a stranger, instead, I'm doing it with my demon neighbor with serious anger issues and a lot of secrets.

I stood by my window staring at the moon, knowing Storm is perfectly asleep on my bed. I couldn't fall asleep due to the rumble of thunder but Storm could.

And I'm glad, because watching him sleep as creepy as it might sound, is nice. He looks peaceful without glare or stressed expression. He just looks innocent. Kinda.

Soon that peace is disrupted as Storm furrows his eyebrows and little whimpers escape his lips. His hands grip the bedsheets as it seems like he is trying to wake up. I rush to him and notice the beads of sweat that have formed on his forehead, then he begins shivering and the whimpers become louder.

I shake him in an attempt to wake him up, "Storm!" I call out in panic and then he snaps his eyes open which are dark then he throws me off him fortunately he rushes to catch me before I fall into the mirror.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod then I touch his cheeks and his eyes return to normal, we go the bed and sit down.

"What happened?" I ask but he stares quietly staring at the wall blankly, "Storm?" He blinks and sighs.

"I had a nightmare." He states.

"About?"

"My c-childhood. That's the reason I don't sleep. Each time I close my eyes, it's like back there! In the dungeon where I watched my mom being slaughtered." Storm says bitterly and I rub his shoulder gently.

"You don't have to talk about it if it makes you upset." He shakes his head.

"No, I do want to talk about it. Probably it would make me feel better?" His statement comes out as a question to which I nod.

I've heard talking about one's problems actually helps them reduce their burden.

"Lucifer met my mother where she worked at a diner. She was human; innocent just like you. And she was the only one that could actually destroy Lucifer. No one knew how anyway and she didn't even know. When the other rulers of hell began disturbing Lucifer for an heir, he felt the perfect person to carry his heir would be the one destined to destroy him. So he made her fall for him. Which was her biggest mistake." Storm swallows and I continue rubbing his shoulder.

"My mother thought Lucifer was in love with her, he showed her his true form and she accepted him of course. Then he announces her to the six other rulers as his future queen. My mother was happy, and she was happier when she realized she was pregnant. Lucifer mixed many elements and got a drop of Nephilim blood then he injected it into her belly erasing any hope I had of being human. My mother didn't bother because she thought it would do me good. Soon I was born and the whole of hell celebrated me. I lived with my mother while my dad came to us when there was less work at hell." Storm bites inside of his lips.

"Everything seemed perfect at first. Until I was 15 and then Lucifer turned and took me away. He brought me to hell and made me kill my first human! He wanted to activate my demon side to prove he was superior to other rulers. But I couldn't activate it, instead, I was hurt, my mother had made me compassionate then he locked me up and would beat me up. I cried for my mother." Storm eyes turn glassy for a minute.

"After 2 years I was glad when he informed me my mother had come to visit me. Lucifer tied me down like an animal as my mom walked him. I called her expecting her to hug me instead she stared at me like a stranger. Lucifer had erased any form of my existence from her. And that broke my little heart. My mother didn't recognize me. Lucifer thought that would make me snap instead it didn't so he decided to kill her right in front of me but before she died she reassured me everything would be okay. Even if she didn't know who I was." Storm chuckles coldly.

"But she was wrong instead everything got worse. I snapped and killed half of hell. Then Lucifer locked me up, ready to activate my Nephilim side." He stops and stares at me. "I'll tell you the other part later." I nod.

"So you're a part demon and part Nephilim?" He nods, "And I'm guessing your reason for going after that baby was to avenge your mother's death?" Storm balls his fist.

"Yes, I wanted them to feel what my mother felt! What I felt!" I sigh at his words and watch as he stares at my ceiling after laying down.

When morning came Storm had left to go speak to a witch or something. And now I'm getting ready for a day out with my mom and Sabrina. The drive to the restaurant is quiet and pleasant but my mind couldn't help wandering off to Storm's story.

He went through a lot as a kid, while I'm sure he still has some and he is just hiding them probably from embarrassment or he doesn't wish to remember them. Imagine having a father like Lucifer. Who wanted you to be a great evil.

I park my car when I get to the restaurant and come out, my mom and Sabrina wave at me with a grin and I rush to them with a smile. "Kathrine."

We go into the restaurant and take a seat by the window, the restaurant isn't full since it's still morning only a few people are here. My mom's eyes go wide as she stares at my neck then Sabrina giggles.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I switch on my phone's mirror and I widen my eyes at the big red hickey on my neck, hand automatically moves up to cover it and I chuckle nervously.

"You did it with him! I knew something was going on between you two!" Sabrina says while my mom stays suspiciously quiet.

"Kathrine, are you sure being around Storm isn't dangerous?" My mom asks and I widen my eyes, Sabrina stays quiet. I clear my throat and reassure myself my mom doesn't know he is a demon.

There's no way she'd know.

"Yes, why are you asking?" I say as a waiter comes to take our order.

"He just has his aura around him. Although I see the way he stares at you but his aura is hard to ignore." My mom says worriedly.

"Mom, don't worry. Storm isn't going to hurt me or anything." I smile to reduce her worry. After chatting with them for a while I stand up to use the bathroom.

When I come out of the toilet to wash my hand a girl walks in with a dead look in her eyes and turns to me, "I'm here to deliver a message; since you've decided not to leave Storm. I've been ordered to kill myself and this would go on till you have decided to leave him." It's then I notice the knife in her hand but before I could stop her she slits her wrist.

She falls with a thud and instantly MATEO is written on the mirror with blood.

°•°°•°°•

Now that's creepy. Well, now we know a bit about Storm.

How do you feel about learning about Storm's childhood?

And Mateo?

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day/ Night!

😘