Chapter- thirty- four

Sabrina's pain

Sabrina's pain.

"And you're sure she's going to be fine?" I ask and they all avoid eye contact, I cross my arms and grumble under my breath.

"Just trust us," Storm starts and I nod.

I trust Storm. I trust he wouldn't let me feel any pain like losing my best friend. Maybe I'm delusional for thinking that but whatever helps me believe Sabrina will be free from the demon.

"But you need to leave the room." That snaps me out of my thoughts, I stare at Storm in disbelief but he raises a finger to shush me before I protest. "When her heart stops there's a possibility it will try to look for the next beating human heart. We can't have it possessing you." Storm explains I agree to leave the room despite it being difficult but I understand what Storm said.

I pace in the halls with my hand under my chin, then I begin rubbing my arms, it feels like it has been hours since I left them but in reality, it's just three minutes.

Hold on, three minutes?

I open the door with worry and my worry escalates when I see Sabrina laying on the floor her eyes are shut and her skin is pale.

"Oh," I choke out as tears start to gather in my eyes, I fall to the floor as the tears begin to fall. Dimitri looks away while Storm tries to hug me but I push him away. "No! Stay away from me!" I yell I see hurt flash in his eyes but I ignore it.

My best friend is laying lifelessly on the floor and I can't help but blame myself, "Kathrine..."

"Don't, don't call my name. Please." I warn as fresh tears roll down, "This is-- this is my fault." I place my hands by my head and pull my hair.

"No, this isn't your fault." Storm says.

"No, it is. If I had stayed away from you when I got the first warning, Sabrina would still be alive, but here we are. She's dead! I'm never going to see her again." I sob into Storm's shirt as he pulls me in a hug. I hit my fists on his chest but he doesn't let go of me instead he holds me tighter.

A low groan breaks in the room and we all snap our attention to Sabrina, who seems to be crying but her eyes are shut. She looks to be struggling to break free from something. "Sabrina?" Her eyes are shut but she keeps screaming. I rush to her side and I hold her hand which she grabs and squeezes.

Her body begins to shake violently and I get frightened, then she begins to cough some gooey stuff, "Sabrina?" I call out again as she turns to her side and starts throwing out the gooey substance. Her eyes are now opened.

Sabrina stares at us with wide eyes, I send her a small smile, "Have you been crying?" Her voice is hoarse and weak as she asks me. I clean my eyes and shake my head.

I hug her and she awkwardly pats my back, "I'm so confused." She whispers.

I look back to thank Storm but I don't see him, he must have left the room so I turn my attention back to Sabrina, "What do you remember?" I ask gently.

I'm ready to tell Sabrina everything. I can't keep leaving my best friend in the dark. I'll face Storm's anger later.

"Um, I was at a bar- no I was in a room with a guy we were both drunk," she starts and I frown.

"You were with Jace?" I ask referring to her boyfriend, I get worried when tears fill her eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask softly.

"He dumped me." She says painfully, she's hurt.

"Sabrina..."

"And it's all my fault. No one loves me, they all leave me, I'm self-absorbed, useless and I wish I could just die." She sobs loudly.

The demon-possessed her because she's broken. My best friend is broken and I didn't notice it.

"No, no. You're not. You're the most amazing person I've ever met," I wipe away her tears, "please don't ever wish yourself dead." I plead she sniffles. "Jace wasn't for you. I'm sure someone is out there that will make you feel like the only girl in the world." I repeat the words my mom said to me. Sabrina calms down but she still hiccups.

"How did I end up here?" She asks after a few hiccups.

"You should clean yourself up," I say nudging towards the floor and her clothes.

"How did my clothes get dirty?" She frowns.

"I'll tell you everything you need to know when you're clean," I say and she reluctantly leaves and a sigh leaves my lips.

After cleaning the floor, I dial Storm's number, he doesn't pick but he enters my apartment along with Zachary and Dimitri a minute later. "The demon was a delivery guy." Storm scoffs, he doesn't stare at me and I feel it's because of what I said earlier.

"Look, I'm sorry I offered to kill Sabrina." Dimitri apologizes sincerely and looks down shamefully. "I was just taking precautions." I nod in understanding.

"Is she?" Zachary asks.

"She's having her bath." I say, "I want to tell her everything. I can't take hiding things from my best friend any longer. I feel like I'm lying to her." I say and Storm sighs.

"If you trust her, then no problem." He says and leaves the apartment, I feel a tiny pain in my chest area and I rub it gently. The room is filled with awkwardness until Sabrina comes back.

She looks better than before and smiles softly at us, I look at the others for help on how to tell her but they don't provide anything instead they leave after waving at her.

"Cowards," I mutter under my breath. "Sabrina I have something to tell you." I start.

"Wait, MERRY CHRISTMAS!" She yells and giggles a bit, I smile and wish her the same. "I remember when I was having my bath, the day is almost over." She pouts and sits on the floor. "What did you want to tell me?" I swallow a ball of saliva.

"Storm, Zachary, and Dimitri are demons."

•°•°•°•°

Sabrina is back! 💃

Or is she?😏👀

Thanks for reading ❤️