Bad Sleep - Lando Norris

You grabbed all your belongings from the ground and walked outside towards your car. It was finally the weekend and you couldn't wait to get back into your joggers and lay on the couch. You hummed to the music and tapped on the steering wheel. After you've parked your car, you rushed inside and looked around, calling for him. "Lando? Where are you?" you shouted and started searching for him. You found him lying in the garden, doing some workout. Smiling, you made your way to him and sat down behind him, tapping on his shoulder. He jumped and turned around, holding onto his chest. "What are you doing?" he asked and you laughed, leaning against him. "Surprise" you said and felt his lips on your cheek. "Hey you" he said and smiled at you. "You are sweaty" you stated and he rolled his eyes. "All Jon's fault" he joked and you chuckled. "Aww. Poor you" you answered and pushed his curls back. "I made some chicken and rice earlier if you are hungry" he said and you smiled. "Perfect. I am hungry" you said and got up with him. "I'll take a shower. We will meet on the couch, okay?" he told you and kissed your forehead while you nodded and got inside.

You ate a big plate of his chicken dish and laid down on the couch, waiting for Lando. You were tired and couldn't wait to lie down. The water upstairs stopped and you listened to him getting ready, chuckling when you heard him swearing after he hit something. He walked down the stairs and ruffled through his wet hair, smiling when he saw you all snuggled up and ready for a calm evening. He sat down next to you and pulled you between his legs, placing you on top of him. You hummed and looked at him, pushing some water drops of his cheeks. "You own towels, you know" you mumbled and he grinned. "But you are doing it better than that thing" he said and you shook your head smiling.

It didn't take you long before you drifted off. Lando could hear your regular breathing and smiled while playing with your hair. But your slumber didn't last long. You felt someone shaking you and you screamed, sitting up and looking around you, completely lost. A hand on your back made you turn your head and you stared at Lando with big eyes. Your breathing was heavy and irregular. You tried to calm yourself down but your face felt hotter and hotter every second. "Hey. Hey. It's alright. Shhh" he whispered and wiped away the tears under your eyes. You swallowed hard and got up quickly. "It's fine" you said and took some deep breaths. He tried to pull you back to him but you stood still. "Come here. Please" he begged you and you slowly sat back down next to him. "That didn't happen in a long time" he said and you shrugged your shoulders. Yeah" you simply said and closed your eyes again. Lando took your hand and drew small circles on your hand. "I am here. You are not alone" he said and kissed your forehead.

Since you were a kid you were alone. Your parents left you alone at night when they had to work. You were left alone every day and you had to be independent. Going to school, cooking. You didn't know how it could work different. It brought you nightly terrors that got worse and worse the older you got. You felt like you were trapped at night so you tried to turn it around. Sleep during the day. Stay awake at night. It took you years to fix it for yourself. But it was never gone completely.

You stared at the TV and closed your eyes. "Do you want to go to bed?" he asked and you nodded. "Please" you heard your voice crack and got up. Lando followed you and held onto you. He drew small hearts on your hands and pulled you on top of him. He grabbed a pen from the table next to the bed and gave it to you. You looked at him and bit your lip. Lando smiled slightly and pushed his nose against yours. "Go on. I know it always helped you" he said and gave you his hand. Carefully, you started to doddle on his hand. He pushed his hand on your back and slowly let his hand wander over your skin. You were so concentrated that you started to relax. You mind was somewhere else and you fell asleep drawing. Lando carefully took the pen away and stroke your cheek, holding you as close as possible before he followed you.

The next morning you woke up and felt hot. One eye opened after the other and you saw why. Lando was full on covering your body with his and had his head pushed in the nape of your neck. You smiled tiredly as you saw the drawing from his hand was printed on the side of his face. Slowly, you tried to wipe it away but stopped when you heard him mumbling and complaining. You laughed slightly and pushed your hand into his hair, holding onto him tightly.