Friends to Lovers - Pierre Gasly

You ran through the empty hallway of your university and held your breath. Once you reached the outside, you tried to stay calm. You hugged yourself and looked around you. Nobody was there and you were glad. You left the exam earlier than anybody else because you already knew you failed. You didn't see a reason to stay any longer. And so you left.

The whole way back to your apartment you tried to calm yourself down. Your breathing was uneven and you knew your eyes were red. But you didn't have any chance to look like you didn't cry.

You turned the key around and stepped inside, calling out a quick hello before disappearing in your bedroom, telling your roommates you needed to shower. You locked the bathroom door quickly and stepped into the warm water, hoping for it to calm your nerves. But it didn't.

Quickly you threw on some make up to cover your emotions before you walked into the living room. You smiled tiredly at your friends and opened the fridge, getting some yoghurt and fruits out before turning away again, telling everyone you needed an early night.

And you laid in bed. Laid there by yourself while you stared at the ceiling. You whipped your cheeks again and again. The exams were still in your mind and you didn't know what to do. You were always scared to fail. From a young age your parents thought you there is only one way to life and it was to be successful. Neither your father nor your mother allowed any mistakes but the older you got the more came. Your grades dropped, you stayed away longer because you felt like be rebellious. But it was the biggest mistake you did. Before you knew it, you parted ways with your parents. Since then you knew what they meant. Failing was never an option. But you did it again. Your mind was too full and too stressed to handle anything.

You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't feel your phone vibrating the first time, but the second time it snapped you out of your thoughts. Slowly, you reached for it and pressed the button and seeing a message from him. "How was your day?" is said and you closed your eyes for a moment before telling him you were fine and that you worked on some things for university. But you didn't.

You laid in bed the whole evening but you never stopped crying. You stared at the white numbers on your alarm, seeing turned midnight. But you couldn't sleep. Hesitantly you reached for your phone again and went on his chat, typing only a few letters but it took you a long time to find the courage to press send. Eventually, you did. "Can you come over?" it said. You didn't thought he would answer again but he did. Instantly. "I am on my way" he wrote and you got up again, trying to be as quiet as you can. Your friends were in the living room, listening to loud music and singing along. You knew they would never see you but still. You were cautious.

His steps got louder as you waited for him with a half opened door. Once he reached the last step and turned to you, he stayed still, looking at you. You tried to smile but failed. It only took him two big steps before he reached you, pulling you into his arms.

"Hey" Pierre whispered before trying to look at you again. You shook your head and looked down. "Okay. Come on" he said and pushed you inside slightly, walking to your bedroom while holding you. Slowly you closed the door and turned the key around. You faced the door for a few more seconds before turning around. Pierre looked at you with a small smile and pointed towards the bed. You nodded slightly and walked to your side. Pierre laid down and looked at how you sat on your side. He pushed the sheets back and pulled you to his side, waiting for you to get comfortable.

You pushed your head onto his shoulder and hid your face on his neck, feeling how he pushed his arms around you and pulled you closer. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked and you shook your head. "Please no" you whispered and felt how he nodded. "Okay" he whispered back and played with some strands of your hair. "Thank you" you sniffed. Pierre pulled the sheets higher up. "You know the drill. I will always come here".