Celebration - Pierre Gasly

After the Belgian Grand Prix you were filled with so many emotions but you had to leave again to go home. Your flight to London didn't wait for you. You packed the last bits you had left on your office and said goodbye to everyone you saw on your way to your car. You hummed a song you heard with Pierre in his car and threw the backpack on the backseat. You made your way to the airport and checked in. You took your seat on the plane and took a deep breath. Your mind was still working on the weekend. You leaned your head against the window and took a look at your phone for the first time since the race. A smile creeped on your lips when you saw a message from Pierre. "Have a safe flight. Tell me when your home" it said and you closed your eyes, still smiling.

The week was short until the next race in Italy. A few long writing and working days and you were packing again to leave for Monza. You packed your camera and your laptop while you were dancing to your shower playlist. When the music stopped you were annoyed first but when you saw a call coming in, you smiled and swiped across the screen. Pierre appeared on FaceTime and you saw him sitting on a couch, waving and smiling. You smiled back and took seat. "How is the packing going? Ready to leave?" he asked and you showed him your bag. "Just finished. I have to leave in 30 minutes" you said and leaned your phone against the mug in front of you. "Perfect. Do you want me to pick you up? We could head to the track afterwards?" he asked and you shook your head. "You definitely don't need to pick me up. I am old enough to drive you know" you joked and laughed slightly. Pierre wasn't too happy with your answer but decided to leave it there. You said your goodbyes when you left your little apartment and made your way to the airport. You never got used to the flights. Every flight filled you with anxiety and you were sweaty as hell when you landed. You got your luggage and your car keys and sat down in your car. You leaned your head against the steering wheel and closed your eyes. You were exhausted but tried your best to keep it together. The track appeared in front of you after 40 minutes of driving through Italy. You parked the car and walked to the paddock with your giant backpack. You scanned your pass, greeted every team member you saw and searched for your little office. You put your stuff down and started working on new articles and pictures. You still felt tired and closed your eyes every now and then. A knock on the door pulled you out of your little bubble and you sat up straight again. "Come in" you said and started typing again. Slowly, the door opened and you looked at the figure appearing. Pierre was smiling at you and leaned against the doorframe. You felt how your lips curled up. You pushed the chair away and made your way over, looking up to him when you were right in front of him. He grinned down at you. "I thought you'd come over to my garage.." he said and dramatically looked out of the window. You chuckled and ruffled through your hair. "Sorry. Just needed some time to proper calm down" you answered and leaned against the wall. "I'll forgive you" he said and did what you were waiting for. He pulled you in a big warm hug and laid his head on top of yours. You pushed your arms around him and pressed yourself more against him. You felt his warmth through his shirt and hummed happily. You zoned out and closed your eyes. Never in a million years you would have thought that a simple hug could help your mind to calm down. Pierre smiled down at you and held you close. You turned your head and took a deep breath. You didn't want to let him go but at some point you had to. You looked at him and let your hands slip away from him. "Do you want to go out for a bit? A walk over the track?" Pierre asked and you nodded, taking your camera with you. Pierre put his hand on your lower back and led you out of the little office building. You waved at Lando who was running past you with a wink and took a quick video. Your job didn't take a break of course. The Italian sun was starting to go down already and the both of you stepped on the track. You were savouring every second of being on a new track. You put your hands in your jacket and walked next to Pierre. Talking about your week and the upcoming weekend. After some time you slowed down to be behind Pierre. You pulled your camera out and took some shots of Pierre. The sunset was settling beautifully and you couldn't resist. Pierre turned his head around and saw you taking the snaps. Smiling and sticking his tongue out. You laughed and zoomed closer on his face. "No! I see what you are doing! Stop!" he said and pulled the camera away. You tried to reach for it and pouted. "Come on!" you said and reached your hands out. Pierre just shook his head and started snapping photos of you. You tried to hide your face as best as you could when you felt Pierre reaching for your hand. You observed what he did and looked at him. He was smiling and pulling you next to him. "Come here" he said and pointed the camera at the two of you. You chuckled and let him take some pictures. Poking him here and there to make him laugh and sticking your tongues out. You hid your face behind his shoulder and catching your breath. Pierre hung the camera back around your neck. You felt his fingers on your jawline and then carefully on your arms. You looked at him and smiled. The French man was smiling too. Carefully you took his little finger and pulled at him, asking him to keep walking. Your track tour came to an end and the sky was almost black. Pierre grabbed his belongings and met you again at the circuit exit. "Do you want to go out again?" Pierre asked and leaned against your car. You opened your door and looked at him. "I'm actually really tired, sorry" you said quietly and looked at your feet. You felt guilty but it was the best thing for you. You didn't see Pierre smiling down at you but you felt his lips on your hair. You looked up to him and saw him smiling. "How about tomorrow?" he asked and you smiled slightly. "Yeah. Tomorrow" you said and Pierre was happy with it. "Perfect. Also. I'm your taxi to the track tomorrow morning. No excuses" he told you with a wink while he made his way to his Honda.