A bouquet of flowers - Pierre Gasly

You arrived at the paddock and scanned your pass. It was a routine you were in since you joined the Formula1 media team as an intern but it was still as exciting as it was the first time. You hold onto your backpack and walked through the streets of the paddock. You smiled at some staff, waved to familiar faces and greeted them. The Belgian Grand Prix was one of your favourites. You joined it since you were little and started to understand how fun it is to watch racing cars go fast. Since you started school your dream was to work with fast cars and with tears and sweat you graduation with excellent performance and worked your way to an internship with the Formula1 media team. And there you were. Already halfway through the season and you couldn't be more happy. You out your backpack away in your little office and made your way to the team. You listened to the little welcome and already knew what you would do next. Grabbing the phone starting to get some shots for social media. You enjoyed to pair your love for media with your hobby photography. You put the phone in your pocket and started to wander around on the track. You walked on the asphalt and used the perfect sunlight to get some pictures of the track and the thousands of trees surrounding the circuit. You hummed to yourself while you created some Instagram stories, putting all your social media knowledge into it. The track was the longest one on the calendar and one of the most uphill one and you could already feel it in your legs. You made your way up the track and took a deep breath. When you lifted your eyes from the track you stopped walking. You saw a lot of people together at the Eau Rouge. You knew what happened last year. You saw it on TV at home and you knew that the emotions on the track would be a lot this year. You saw people grouping up around the area. Slowly you got closer but you kept your distance. You saw how flowers were laid down and you could feel the lump in your throat. You saw Pierre Gasly making his way to the wall, slowly kneeling and laying flowers down. Cameramen made their way to him and filmed him in a moment where he needed peace. Your colleague Eric was mimicking the others and tried to get some shots. With silent steps you made your way to him while he was kneeling next to Pierre. You put your hand on his shoulder and tried to get him up. He looked up to you and you pointed to the other direction. "Come on, Eric. Please. They need to have a moment by themselves" you whispered and pulled him away. You knew how it felt to lose someone close to you and how important it is to give someone space. Eric just nodded carefully and followed you. Your heart felt heavy but you continued to photograph and keep the social media account updated. The Thursday slips faster through your fingers then you thought. You watched the sun go down slowly and said goodbye to most people. You packed the backpack on your back and started taking pictures just for yourself. You visited your favourite spots on the track and smiled at the memories you've had of being a kid and running around the asphalt as fast as you could. While walking you couldn't help but hum again. You liked the silence and calmness of being alone. When you walked towards the long straight you've noticed someone on the side of the track and stopped. It was a similar scene as it was earlier on and you wrapped your arms around yourself.

You knew that he needed space and you didn't want to interrupt so you started walking again and kept your eyes on the track. You took one step after another but at some point you felt eyes on you. Slowly you looked to your right and saw Pierre looking at you. You stood still and pulled some hair behind your ear. You gave him a little smile and wrapped your arms back around you. Pierre tried his best to give you a little smile too but you knew it was hard for him. You took a deep breath again and looked at him. "Are you okay?" you asked and immediately regretted it. Of course he wasn't. Pierre looked to his left. "No. Not at all. And yes. Sort of. It's difficult" he told you and you nodded. "Do you want to stay?" you carefully asked and he shook his head. "I think it's time to go" he said and made his way over to you. You gave him another small smile and walked with him. Of course you've seen him before on the tracks and events but you haven't talked a lot. You silently walked with him towards the fences. You saw the sun completely settling and you wanted one more picture. So you kneeled down on the track and got some more shots. Pierre watched you and smiled a little. "That's real passion I see here" he said and you chuckled slightly. "Everything for my job" you answered and got back up. You walked through the fence and towards the drivers and staff parking spot. You looked at Pierre and opened up your rental car. Once you put your backpack in the backseat and closed the door, Pierre opened the door for you and you smiled. "Thank you" you said and looked at him. Pierre nodded and ruffled through his blonde hair. "I have to thank you. I know what you did today earlier on. I saw it. It means a lot to me" he breathed out and you closed your eyes for a moment. "It just wasn't right. I know how you feel. They do their job but it is personal" you answered and Pierre agreed. "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" he asked and you took your seat in the car. "Probably. Maybe laying on the ground" you told him and tried to lift the mood. When you heard his chuckle you smiled slightly. "Au revoir, Y/N" he said and you waved at him before you drove to the hotel.