Jealous - George Russell

You hummed to yourself as you worked on the assignment right in front of you. You sipped on your coffee for a moment before you turned to your left when you heard your university partner speaking up. "I think I found something good for the presentation" was all he mumbled before you hummed again and pushed your head more to his screen. "I think it fits with the slide. Like. It's helps to understand it" he added and you nodded. "Yeah. Definitely save that" you told him and pushed another one little cookie in your mouth before you went back to your laptop.

It was one of your last proper assignments you had to do for your studies and you wanted it to be one of the best if not the best one you had ever done. And when you got teamed up with Will you knew you would be okay. You hadn't worked with him a lot but you knew that you could do good with him.

An hour later you heard how the door opened while you were explaining what you wanted to put into your part. George called a quick "hello" into the house but when he didn't get a response, he was confused. He pushed his jacket from his shoulders and walked along the hallway. When he heard a male voice, he was even more confused. He leaned his head into the dining room and watched you talking with Will. And it took you a moment before you were done and let your eyes wander to his head that was peeking through the door. "Oh. Hey" you said with a smile and watched how he scratched his head. "Hi. Didn't hear me?" he asked and you shook your head. "No. We were working on a chapter for our presentation and it's quite a lot" you told him and he nodded slightly. "I am Will" was all your university partner said which George took with another nod. "George" he said and disappeared again with slight confusing on his face. He was used to you being with him when he came home from the factory but now you weren't and it hang onto him from the first second on.

When he reached the kitchen, he saw the plate you had put up for him for dinner. He sighed slightly because he knew that he would be eating alone. He warmed the plate up while leaning against the counter and listened to the mumbling in the next room. As he passed the dining room again he saw you working with him on his laptop and mumbled to himself for a second before he disappeared in his little office room.

He had some videos on while eating but all he could listen to was your laughter in the living room. He was wondering what made you laugh so much while working on a university project. He groaned as his laughter joined as well and rubbed along his temple. To himself he didn't know what was annoying him so much in that moment but he tried to ignore it as much as he good while turning the volume up a little more.

In the mean time you took a little unintentional break with Will. You looked at some photos of his dog on his laptop and you couldn't help but laugh at some. "He is cute" you told him and Will nodded. "He is. An idiot but hey" he said and brought the presentation back on your screen. After a while you brought the rest of the snacks in and groaned as you sat back down again. "I think we should finish that bit and then do it another day" you told him and he nodded. "Yeah. Otherwise our heads will explode" he added and you agreed with a smile before you went onto the last few sheets and finished up another chapter.

As you opened the door to say goodbye to Will, you saw that it was dark outside already. You stepped away from the door to let him out and waved as well after he did. "So on Tuesday again?" he asked and you nodded. "We need to" you joked and he laughed a little before he disappeared in his car. You were quick in closing the door when he was gone and brought the plates and bowls into the kitchen. After a quick swipe over the table you walked through the door and into the hallway. You didn't hear the TV in the living so you walked to his office and carefully knocked on the door. When he didn't say a word you stuck your head into the room and saw him playing on his simulator. Slowly, you walked up behind him and pushed your arms around his neck. "Hey you" you whispered and watched how he continued playing. "Heey" you said again and pushed the headset away a bit. "Hey" was his short answer and you hummed slightly. "How long will you be staying on here?" you asked and he shrugged his shoulders. "Finishing up. I was done the whole time but now I am on it" he said and you sighed while sitting down on the corner of his chair. "I just had to finish something for uni so I can be free tomorrow" you told him and played with the hair on his neck. "I was just surprised because I had no idea" he said and you leaned your head against his. "It was spontaneous. But we just want to be done fast" you told him and watched how he turned his screen off.