Push My Luck (2) - Lando Norris

The next morning you woke up with a smile on your face and got up rather fast. You took a shower and dressed in a fluffy bathrobe, laying on the couch and closing your eyes. You closed your eyes and smiled to yourself as you thought about the last day. You left Landos house around eight after you've decided to meet again the next day. He said he would give cooking a go but in your mind you were already thinking about takeout since he told you horrific and funny stories about his attempts to cook dinner. You looked at your phones and saw a ton of messages from your friends. You tried to explain what happened the day before but ignored their detailed questions. After swiping all of their messages away you smiled at another text. You saw a photo popping up that Lando send you a few hours ago. He was sitting in his car and showed you a thumbs up, showing you how excited he was to see you again. You stared at the picture for a bit and opened your camera, trying to snap a presentable photo of you in your towel/bathrobe combination. You sent it back to him and closed your eyes again.

Hours passed and you stood in front of his house, pulling the beanie closer in your face. You rang the bell and stepped through the gate again. You saw him leaning against the doorframe and walked towards him, waving with you hidden hand. Lando pulled you in a hug and pressed a quick kiss to your cheek, following him inside. "It's so cold" you said and rubbed your hands together. "I told you I could get you with my car" he said and you just stuck your tongue out, making him laugh.

You followed him into the kitchen and looked around. "Oh wow. Am I spotting lasagne here?" you asked and he nodded proudly. "It's my first time. The cheese doesn't look burned which is nice" he said and looked into the oven. "Do I want to know why you said that?" you asked and he shook his head. "Probably not" he ensured you and you chuckled, grabbing some plates and putting them on the large dining table. He checked the oven every five seconds and you laughed slightly. "Someone is careful" you said and he nodded highly concentrated.

You hopped onto the counter and looked at him properly. He worse some dark washed jeans and a brightly coloured hoodie, looking cosy as hell. You pulled your knee towards you. Lando turned to you and stepped in front of you, smiling. "You look really cute" he said and pulled at the hem of your cardigan. "Ah you know. You don't look to bad yourself" you said and pulled the hood over his head, leaving the curls out at the top. He laughed and lifted his head up. "So good that you don't want to look at me?" he asked and you simply nodded, pulling the strap tighter. "Much better".

After he almost burned his hand, you managed to bring the lasagne to the table, spreading the portions evenly and sitting down. You expected Lando to sit across of you but as he planted himself right next to you. Smiling, you clinked glasses and dove into the dinner. You looked at him with big eyes and nodded. "This is so good!" you said and danced a little in your chair. He smiled proudly and shrugged it off, acting like it didn't mean the world for him.

You started talking about your job and raged about how annoying everyone was. He was chuckling at how enthusiastic you were talking about the disliking of your job. After you've calmed down and laughed with him, you pointed towards the walls around you. "So. What is this about?" you asked and he cleared his throat. "Do you know Formula1?" he asked and you nodded. "Of course I do. I used to watch is as a kid" you answered and he smiled. "I am driving one of these twenty cars" he said and you stared at him. "You are a driver?" you asked and he chuckled. "Yes I am. McLaren" he continued and you face palmed yourself. "That's why you have a shiny McLaren in your driveway" you said and connected the dots. "Exactly" he said and you got up, walking towards the helmets. "I'm sorry I didn't know this" you said and let your fingers wander over the helmet. "I haven't watched a race in years" you stated and he smiled over your shoulder. "Maybe I can bring you back into it" he said and took the helmet, pulling it over your head. "Oh my god. Is your head really that small?" you asked and wiggled around. "Maybe your head is just big" he countered and you tried to look mean. Lando just laughed and helped you back out. "This is so cool" you said and looked at all of his memories around his living room. Lando was smiling at you like crazy and told you all of his memories he had with every photo or piece of paper. You finished with his trophy from Austria. He gave it to you and you stared at him with big eyes. "This is so much bigger and heavier than I thought" you said and lifted it up. "Yeah. It's a good training for my arms. I need more to I can built up some muscles" he said and you laughed. "Thanks for showing me this" you told him while he put his trophy back into place. "This is a giant part of my life. It's nothing I can or want to hide" he said and you smiled. "I'd be mad if you would hide this from me. Now I have to watch it again. The last race I watched was when Schumacher was still driving" you told him and he laughed. "Yeah. That was a while ago. Things changed. Have you ever been to a race?" he asked and you denied. "Never. I wasn't that into it to spend so much money" you answered honest and he put a strand of hair away from your face. "If you would only know a driver that could get you into one" he joked and you acted like you we're thinking. "Maybe I can get to ask a Brit close to me. Where does Hamilton live?" you asked and he pouted. "That was painful wow" he said and hold his heart. You laughed and stroke his cheek. "Poor Lando" you said and he nodded dramatically. "That's right".