Bad Mood - Charles Leclerc

You hummed slightly as you walked through the kitchen. You opened the drawers and pulled everything out that you could find. Popcorn, chips and sweets were hidden behind some plates. You filled them into little bowls and placed them on the big table in the living room. Music played in the background while you made the couch comfortable. You grabbed a hoodie that was lying around and waited for Charles to come out of the bathroom. He was taking a shower after his training earlier on. You leaned against the couch and looked at the door when you heard it opening. "Finally!" you shouted and Charles laughed, ruffling through his wet hair. "I was gone for 10 minutes" he stated and you shrugged your shoulders. "Long enough. Come on. I want to play" you told him and Charles sat next to you, smelling like an absolute dream.

After he returned from his weekend in Hungary you agreed on a board games evening. No phones. No social media. Nothing. You chose some of your favourite games from your childhood. Memory, UNO, Monopoly and many more. Charles was looking at the memory cards in front of you and shook his head. "You could have cheated" he mumbled and mixed the cards again and again. You just chuckled and leaned back. "You are an idiot" you said and ate some gummi bears. Charles was always competitive. He didn't even took a break from it when he was home. "So. Should I start? So you can have the advantage?" you teased him and Charles glared at you. "What do you mean with that? Huh?" he asked and tickled your side. You squealed and jumped up. "Nothing, mon amour. Nothing" you laughed and leaned against him. He was laughing with you and turned the first cards around. Of course he didn't get anything. You were chuckling at his already annoyed face. A few rounds in and Charles was the first to finally get a matching pair. "Yes! Finally!" he said and clapped his hands above his head. "You are celebrating more than you did when you won in Monza!" you laughed and patted his back. "Let me enjoy the little moments, okay?" he said and you nodded, waiting for him to turn another pair around. Nothing. But you got the advantage and got your first pair. From this moment on, you were in. You got lucky almost every time and collected all of your pairs on your side. You were laughing way too much for Charles liking as you got a pair wrong. "Why are you laughing? You won already" he mumbled and cleared the table in front of you. He got the final ones but you were still the winner. "I just love your face when you are getting sassy" you said and stroke his cheek. "Stop it" he whined and tried to stay focused but his face broke into a smile. "Aww. There we go" you said and fed him some popcorn. He was eating away and waited for you to mix the cards again.

"Do you want to mix again? So I don't cheat?" you made fun of him and he looked at you with big eyes. "Stop saying that! I was just making sure!" he defended himself and you bit your tongue. "Whatever it is, Charles. It's okay" you said and rubbed his back. You knew he was a bad loser. From him seeing him in F2 when you met until today, you didn't know him different. And you were constantly teasing him about it. A few cards into the new game and Charles was already shaking his head. "How are you doing this? You are five up already!" he said and you pushed him back, taking his head between your hands. "Charles. This is a game. Not a race. Come on" you said and stroke his cheeks. He had his eyebrows furrowed. "But I don't want to lose every time" he whined and you chuckled, sitting on his thigh. "It's for fun, okay? I don't betrayal you in this" you ensured him and he nodded, making a kiss face. You laughed slightly and leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his lips. He hummed happily and pushed his hand in your hair, holding you close. "This is more fun than these games" he mumbled and you laughed. "But we will continue. We still have UNO. And hours and hours of monopoly" you said with joy and he laughed. "Okay. For you I'll do it" he told you and you winked at him.

After another lost round for Charles you decided to switch it up. You let him mix the UNO cards and leaned against him. "Look at you. So good at mixing" you joked and he laughed, trying to juggle the cards. You collected the fallen ones and gave them back, holding back your laugh. Charles was laying down on the couch and pulled you across of him, pulling you closer and closer until you were sitting on his thighs. "What are you doing?" you grinned at him and wiggled closer. "Just making sure we are comfortable" he said and laid the first card down on his shirt. You chuckled and played along with him, beating him with +2 and +4 cards almost every time. "I can't believe this!" he shouted and grabbed more cards, barely being able to hold them. "Do you want another hand?" you asked and put your hand on top of his. Charles swore under his breath and shook his head. You were able to finish a few rounds before already but you tried to help Charles to get back in the game. It didn't help. He couldn't get rid of any of his cards so you decided to finish the round up. Charles hid his face in his hands and mumbled something you didn't understand. "Come on. One more time" you encouraged him and he nodded, trying to stay motivated. "How about that. Every time you can lay one card down, I get a kiss" he said and looked at you with puppy eyes. "So basically every round you get one?" you asked and he nodded. "If you say so" he said and acted like he didn't care. You pushed him back on the couch and leaned down to him. "Okay. Deal" you whispered and laid one card down on him, kissing the corner of his mouth. "This definitely keeps me more motivated" he said with his French accent. Every round you kept his promise. You laid your cards down. One after another while Charles was growing his collection. "I am frustrated. But not as frustrated as before" he told you and you were more than happy with his answer. "It's the best we can get" you laughed and he pushed himself of the couch and leaned his forehead against yours. "You are lucky that I love you" he mumbled against your lips and you grinned. "Oh I know how lucky I am" you said and pushed his hair back.