Curls - Lando Norris

You took a deep breath before you secured the straps of the mask behind your ears. With hesitant eyes you looked around yourself and made your way into the airport for the first time since over a year. The suitcase behind you rattled along the floor while you made your way through the first group of people. You have never been a fan of flying but with everything turning around in 2020 you disliked it even more. It made you feel anxious and you tried to avoid it as long as possible.

But you knew the time would come. The time where you couldn't say no to him anymore. With all of the races happening in Europe for the start, he had asked you to come with him almost every time. But you didn't felt like coming with him. And he understood. He always did. But you didn't want to stay back home anymore. You had missed his second and third podium already and you knew he hated it even if he never showed it to you.

And so you made your way through the still busy airport in London and walked in curves around each and every person. Your luggage wasn't heavy so you simply pushed it over the band before you held tightly onto your backpack and made your way through the security and dutyfree without really stopping. As you arrived in front of the gate, you sat down with a sigh and looked around yourself. Of course he had stayed in Austria for the week between the races. It would have been unnecessary for him to travel back home but you would have wished he was by your side. As soon as the gate was open, you very quick on being the first one on the plane. The only good thing being the space between the seats with all of the distancing around.

Of course the flight wasn't long. You watched the clouds disappearing again and smiled when you spotted the racetrack out of the window, quickly snapping a photo before you secured your seatbelt again and looked down at your hands as the plane got down again. Instead of being the first one to get of this time, you waited until everyone was almost gone. You grabbed your suitcase again and walked through the big hall, looking for the exit to finally leave and get the mask from your face. Once you found it, you followed the arrows with quick steps and pushed the mask down once you were outside. You looked at the slightly cloudy sky and smiled when you saw the sun hiding.

You were so in your thoughts that you didn't see Lando walking towards you with a smile playing around his lips. "Found something interesting?" he asked and you quickly turned your head to him before you dropped your bag and wrapped your arms around his neck. You heard his chuckle right next to your ear while he wrapped his arms around you as well, pulling you tightly into his chest. "So good to get you from the airport again" he hummed and you smiled at him while you reached for his fingers and played with them. "Such a weird feeling though. I am just glad when we fly home together again" you told him and laced your fingers through his as you made your way to his Mercedes.

"Good car" you joked as you sat down with him and traced your hands along the seats. "Of course you only have eyes for the Mercedes" he said and you shrugged your shoulders. "It's not a McLaren but it's nice" you told him and saw how he shook his head and leaned over to you. "I missed you with me during these weekends" he said and carefully stroke along your cheek with his thumb before pressing a quick kiss to your lips. "I am happy to be back too" you whispered and watched how he pulled something from behind you. "Here a proper mask" he said with a wink and laid one of the grey McLaren masks into your lap. "Oh wow. You're not letting me down here" you joked and laid your hand on top of his while he drove off. "Of course not. We got to show them that you belong to the right side of the paddock".

Since the media day was over already for Lando, he drove straight to the hotel. You looked at him when he stopped the car and wobbled your leg up and down. "Are you nervous?" he asked and you nodded slightly. "I just don't know what to expect anymore" you told him and felt how he carefully rubbed over your knee. "It's all good. It's the same. Just masks and less people" he said and you nodded slightly before you leaned back. "I just can't help it" you admitted and he pressed a kiss to your shoulder. "It's all good. We'll figure it out tomorrow. You can stay in my room whenever you want. Or come out with me. You will be fine, love" he ensured you and you took a deep breath before you slightly smiled at him. "Yeah. All good" you told him and got out of the car with him and into the hotel.