Push My Luck (1) - Lando Norris

You were dancing the night away with your friends. Music blasted through the speakers and you sang along as good as you could. You hold onto your friends and laughed as you got squished together tight. Your best friend spun you around and stole your drink, making you pout. "You can be so mean!" you shouted and she just laughed, giving you the rest of your gin tonic. You drank the rest and looked around as the song ended. "I am going to get a new one!" you shouted and she nodded, giving you a thumbs up. The way to the bar seemed longer than you remembered. You stumbled through the people around you and hold onto the bar, taking a deep breath. After you sat down on the chair, you ordered a random cocktail from the list and looked around, pushing the curls out of your face.

Finally you were able to forget about the last weeks. Your job was draining the last energy from your body and you were too exhausted to do anything. But since you had days of in the next weeks, you felt the energy coming back and finally being able to go out again. You heard your friends cheering for you and you laughed, bringing your drink up in the air and taking a sip. You made your way back through the crowd and swung your arms around your friend, singing Wannabe in her ear. Your mind was starting to feel dizzy and you chuckled to yourself. It's been a while since you last drank and you were feeling it. Hard. A few songs later you had to take a break. You told your friends you needed some time off and they agreed, telling you to be careful. A look around helped you to see a free couch in the corner. You walked towards it and planted yourself on it, leaning back and closing your eyes. "God. I got so bad at drinking" you mumbled to yourself and took a sip from your water.

After a few minutes you felt the couch dip beside you. You opened your eyes and looked to your left. "Are you okay?" a darker voice asked and you nodded, sitting closer to the corner. "You don't need to go away. I won't do anything you don't want" he continued and you gulped. "Then leave me alone, please. I'm fine. My friends are over there" you said and he chuckled. "Then they are bad friends. Why would they leave you alone?" he asked and you got up. "Because I wanted to" you answered and he got up as well. "Don't go, darling" he said and followed you. Suddenly, you felt a hand on your arm. "Where have you been, darling? I was looking for you" a British voice said and you turned your head to him, looking in unknown greenish eyes. "I.." you started and didn't get any further. "You should keep an eye on your girl. Wandering around alone isn't a good idea" the guy said and disappeared. Your mind was still racing and you stared at the unknown boy in front of you. "Are you okay? I just wanted to get you away from him" he said and you nodded. "Yeah uh. Thank you. Sorry. My mind is a bit foggy" you said and chuckled slightly. "Want to sit down again?" he asked and you nodded, stepping back to the couch. "Thank you" you repeated and sipped on your water. "That's what I am here for" he said and you chuckled. He was definitely sober. "You're not alone here, are you?" he asked and you shook your head. "My friends are over there dancing. I just needed some minutes of. I am not good at drinking anymore" you answered and he chuckled, making you chuckle too. He had a high pitched chuckled that you couldn't resist. You studied his face and tried your best not to stare at him. His curls looked soft and his smile was so big, you never saw a prettier person.

You started walking with him about the most random things. High heels. Suits. Everything you saw around you. You laughed at a guy in a golden suit and started getting the hick ups. "Oh my god" you laughed and he joined you. "It's the alcohol" he said and you nodded, still laughing.

You saw your friend come over. She had a grin on her face and you knew what she was on about. You tried to tell her off but she didn't care. "So we have lost you?" she asked and you rolled your eyes. "No you haven't. I was about to come back right now" you said and turned to the boy. "Bye. Thanks again" you told him and waved before your friend pulled you back between all of the people.

The later it got, the more you found it hard to catch up with everyone from your group. You were dancing from side to side and shared some drinks with your friends, reaching a different level of being drunk. You didn't notice how you drifted off to other people during your attempt to dance. You looked around and felt lost, not knowing where to go. Wandering through the people you asked for your best friend but didn't get an answer. "Are you lost?" you heard behind you. Instantly you turned around and saw these bright eyes again. "I think I am" you mumbled and nodded. Carefully, he put his hand on your lower back and felt how you were led through the people. "I know where your friends are but I think you should get some air" he said and you nodded again, leaning against the wall. You looked at him and smiled slightly. You could see that his level of being drunk changed too. His eyes were glossier. "I think you are my hero tonight" you said and he laughed. "I don't mind that you know" he said and leaned against the wall next to you. "I don't mind that you know" he said and leaned against the wall next to you. You stared at him in your drunken state. "It's so quiet out here" you whispered and looked up to the sky. "It is. But it's nice" he answered and you nodded. A few minutes in silence passed and you still had your eyes closed. "Can I dance with you?" you heard next to you and you smiled. "Here?" you asked and he chuckled. "I thought about inside but if you want to" he answered and you laughed. "Come" you said and took his hand, pulling him inside. You weren't this confident without alcohol so you grabbed your chance.