Chapter 6

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It's been almost two weeks since the first day of school and I've adapted. The movie club will start filming our first drama in a few weeks, they just need to finish up the script, get permission to film in certain places, and finish up the wardrobe.

I've been getting closer to everyone, but I'm probably closest to Hyunjin and Minho at this point.

I was sitting in class waiting for Ms. Park and thinking about what I should do for a job. I want to start saving up for university so I want to get a job so I can help my parents as much as I can. I'm thinking I'll just babysit for someone and I'll put up posters around the area after school for people interested.

Ms. Park walked in and I snapped out of my thoughts.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  after school  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I just printed the posters and headed out to put them on bulletin boards around the area with Hyewon and Wonyoung.

"Why don't you just get a normal job?" Hyewon asked.

"Babysitting is normal, plus I don't wanna work in cafes or restaurants because of tea pages." I said.

"Good point, anyways do you think light grey or dark grey would look better for the uniforms for the drama?" Wonyoung said.

"We need your opinion so don't say 'It's up to you guys'." Hyewon said and I was literally about to say that.

"Then, uhm, dark grey." I said.

"Okay" Wonyoung said and typed something on her phone.

"I just informed Ms. Son about the dark grey, but let's go we have a lot more posters." Wonyoung said and we nodded. Ms. Son is a teacher at JYPHS who teaches how to design and make clothes. She offered to help Hyewon and Wonyoung with the wardrobe since it's pretty hard.

We finished putting up all the posters and we all headed to our houses since it was close to dinner time.

I got home and both my parents were cooking in the kitchen.

"Minju! Dinner's almost finished so can you set the table?" my mom asked and I nodded.

"So, I put up posters for me to babysit today." I said while grabbing the plates.

"That's great! But we've told you many times, you don't need to worry about university fees." dad said.

"I know, I know, but you've done so much for me I just want to let your guys relax a bit."

They smiled and we all sat at the dining table and started eating.

After dinner, I was just finishing up my skincare routine when I got a call from someone.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  on the call  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Minju: Hello?

?: Is this Kim Minju?

Minju: Yes

?: Oh well I saw your poster and I am interested in you babysitting my daughter.

Minju: Of course I can!

?: That's great! I'm Mrs. Hwang by the way and I was wondering if my husband and I could meet up with you tomorrow with our daughter to discuss the details.

Minju: Sure, I'm free anytime after school hours.

Mrs. Hwang: How about 3:30 pm at ***** Park?

Minju: I can do that

Mrs. Hwang: Okay, see you tomorrow!

Minju: Goodbye.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  call end  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I sighed in relief and headed to sleep.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  the next day after school  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I got to the park and went to the bench Mrs. Hwang said she would be at. I saw a couple, around my parents' age, sitting on the bench and walking up to them.

"Hi, are you Mr. and Mrs. Hwang?" I asked politely.

"Yes, you must be Minju." Mrs. Hwang said and I nodded.

"Come, sit. Jam Jam come over here!" she said and I sat next to them. A little girl came up to us and sat on Mr. Hwang's lap.

"This is our daughter, Jam Jam." Mr. Hwang said.

"Hi Jam Jam! I'm Minju!" I said and shook her hand.

"Unnie?" she asked in an adorable voice.

"Yes" I said and smiled. She got off Mr. Hwang's lap and sat on mine.

"You're getting along already!" Mrs. Hwang said smiling. Mr. and Mrs. Hwang went over some things like emergency contacts, allergies, and Jam Jam's schedule. Mrs. Hwang sent me the list of everything through text so I could remember.

"Now, for pay we were thinking twenty-dollars an hour." Mr. Hwang said and my eyes widened.

"Is that enough?" Mrs. Hwang asked.

"That's more than enough!" I said and they giggled.

"Good, I figured you're saving up for university so why not." Mrs. Hwang said and I nodded.

"Well, we'll call you or text you whenever we need you to watch Jam Jam, but are you available tomorrow because we have a few errands to run." Mrs. Hwang asked and I nodded.

"Okay, we'll see you tomorrow. Let's go Jam Jam!" Mr. Hwang said and Jam Jam got off my lap. She turned around and hugged me.

"Bye Unnie!" she said and left. I chuckled at her cuteness and headed home.

I got home and my mom was in the kitchen.

"I'm home!" I said.

"Dad is coming home in a few minutes, can you set the table?" my mom asked and I nodded.

I set the table and dad came right after. We started eating and I said, "So, I got a job!"

"That's great Minju! Where?" my mom asked.

"I'm babysitting a little girl named Jam Jam." I said and they nodded.

We continued dinner and I went to sleep.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈