ʸᵒᵘʳ ⁿᵉʷ ᵇᵒʸᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: based off Wilburs new song your new boyfriend. Wilburs POV

request: no

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought when I get older
I'd marry her, I told her
Now I'm 26 and I work in a office
If I could change a single thing
I'd make it me and not him"

dumb teenagers in love that's what the two of you once were. falling in love at the young age of 16 and 17, thinking that you'd spend the rest of your lives together. oh how wrong you were.

but that didn't stop you from thinking about it. thinking about the love the two of you once shared. years later you still had feelings for her, a love that wouldn't go away. but you knew you didn't have a chance anymore, you just wish it was you who made her smile and not him.

"He's in your bed, I'm in your Twitch chat
I've got the key and he's just a doormat
And even though he's got social skills
That doesn't mean I can't pay the bills
Anyway, make the most of him
'Cause she moves on pretty bloody quick, oh-oh
Your new boyfriend's an arsehole"

you knew she had a new boyfriend. of course you knew, she mentioned him on almost every stream. it made you mad. sure he was a lot better at communicating than you were. but that didn't mean you were in competent when it came to communication, you were just a little nervous.

you were capable of doing everything that he was. you made a stable income from streaming in the office. perfectly capable of paying the bills. but you knew that she'd move on pretty quick. she always did, especially if her boyfriend was an arsehole. although you were only saying that because you wanted her back.

"Yeah, I've met Jared (of course, I've met Jared)
The one who took you away from me
You hit it off instantly
I know, 'cause you won't stop telling me"

just because things ended between the two of you years ago didn't mean you weren't friends anymore. you barely talked but you knew all about her new boyfriend. that's all she ever mentioned, talking about how happy she was with him.

jared this, jared that. that's all you heard whenever the two of you spoke. you hated hearing about him. knowing that he was the one who took her away from him. the one that received her endless hugs and kisses.

"'Cause she's living the dream (living the dream, living the dream)
Oh, she's living the dream
From back when we were 17"

the dream from when the two of you were teenagers. the idea of getting married and having kids one day. you wondered did she tell him the same things she once told you. that she wanted to move to the country side and live on a farm with tons of baby cows.

jared was living the dream, the dream that was once shared between the two of you. it hurt more than anything. you wanted her back but who were you to ruin her happiness for your own selfish gain. your new boyfriend was the luckiest guy on earth.

"I want you to care"

you wanted one more chance to prove to her that he could be the guy of her dreams. you wanted to be able to hold her and comfort her on her worst days. sometimes you just want the love that you deserve. you wanted just a little bit of what you deserved.

what you wanted more than anything else was for her to care. she seemingly forgot everything that the two of you once had. how could she forget everything so easily you always wondered. you just wanted her to care about you, to love you.

650 words

inspired by wilburs new song. :)

hope you all enjoyed this <3

written on 12.27.2020