ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵃⁿᶜᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: high school au. reader surprised George late at night to dance in the rain.

request: yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lately the weather had been sunny and hot. it wasn't the nice kind of sunny, it was the kind that made your skin burn. today was one of the rare times that it did rain and it happened to be around midnight.

rain was something that you always found soothing especially at nighttime. the thunder and lightening was another factor that made it beautiful. it was the best weather to sleep in but you knew you weren't going to sleep anytime soon, instead go to your best friend George's house.

climbing out of your bedroom window which was conveniently located on the first floor of your family home. you didn't bring a jacket all you had one was the outfit you wore to school earlier that day. ripped jeans and an old band tee that probably belonged to George.

while walking to George's house you enjoyed the feeling of the cool rain against your skin. the wind was blowing warm in contrast to cold rain. a few minutes later you made it to George's house. climbing the tree located next to his bedroom window peeking in noticing he was awake for once and knocking.

the sound caught his attention almost immediately and he rushed to open his window.

"y/n it's cold out come inside, you're gonna catch a cold." he spoke

"follow me" you said and climbed back down the tree before he even had a chance to respond.

you heard him let out a huge sigh, but he followed you outside and down the pathway into a field of flowers behind his house.

grabbing his hand you started to spin him, trying to make him dance. but he planted his feet in the mud laughing at you.

"please dance with me" you pouted looking up at him with puppy eyes.

in response he laughed and finally gave him. pulling you to his chest and hugging you closely. humming the tune of 'maybe i'm amazed' by paul mccartney.

"maybe i'm afraid of the way I love you"

to put it bluntly George loved you. he's loved you since the moment he first set eyes on you many years ago. he was amazed by the way you were the only one that was able to help him and the only one to understand him.

but he was afraid to tell you. he was afraid to admit it to himself. he's never been in love before, he was a dumb teenager he didn't know what love was. but with you everything felt right, maybe he did love you.

he never wanted this moment to end. he loved the feeling of you in his arms swaying back and forth. giggling when one of you misstepped. the two of you spent hours dancing in the rain. it was an escape from the world, it was like nothing mattered in that moment. it was just the two of you.

520 words

hello! long time no update

hope everyone's doing well, make to eat and stay hydrated. <3

written on 02.20.2021