ᶠᵒᵒˡ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: based off the song 'chicken tendies' by clinton kane. third person pov / karl pov kinda jumps around

request: no but y'all know i love writing oneshots based on songs .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I saw someone who looks just like you
In the back seat with her hand out the sunroof
I swear it was the dress that I gave you
And I wonder if your favoritecolorstillblue?"

blue the color of the sky, the ocean, it can mean anything from inspiration to sadness. before the breakup he used to love the color blue, but now all he thinks of blue is sadness, the color of tears.

driving down the highways of north carolina he saw a figure in the distance that looked just like you. hand out of the sunroof of a tan colored car.

the sleeve of the dress blowing gently in the wind. seemingly just like the one he bought for you. your h/c blowing in the wind making you look as perfect as ever.

"I hope he treats you better than I ever could
'Cause you deserve the world times two
And our simple Sunday afternoons
I hopе he's home for you evеn though I had to lose you
For you to find who fills your heart
Even if I'm not the one you choose"

karl wanted the best for you always. that's why he gave you the choice to leave, but he didn't think you'd actually leave him.

all those nights the two of you spent talking about forever, turns out forever isn't really forever.

fast-forward a few months, you had a new boyfriend. when karl found out he felt like his world shattered and no matter how hard he tried to pick up the pieces he failed.

your new partner worked a normal job. he wouldn't have to leave for days at a time to flim videos or stay up all hours of the night to make content. he would be there to spend sunday afternoons with you, the way you loved to.

he hoped your new boyfriend would treat you better than he ever did. you deserved the world and karl knew he wouldn't be able to give it to you.

"I thought I caught a glimpse of me and you
In our kitchen where I cooked your favorite food
And if I'm being honest, I was a fool
So say the word and I'll come runnin' back to you"

his apartment was the worst place to be. it held many memories of the two of you. from laughing to fighting to being lovestruck.

the kitchen was the worst room. some days karl strayed away from there because it was so painful. all the times karl would make you're favorite foods to cheer you up after a rough day at school or work.

if he stared long enough sometimes an image of you
would pop up. dancing around the kitchen singing random songs. but he knew he was a fool for even imagining that, knowing he would never get you back.

"I hope he treats you better than I ever could
'Cause you deserve the world times two
And our simple Sunday afternoons
I hope he's home for you even though I had to lose you
For you to find who fills your heart
Even if I'm not the one you choose
And I hope he's home for you
And our Sunday afternoons"

you deserved better. that's what karl kept reminding
his self. someone that was home for you and wouldn't leave randomly.

he hoped your heart was full. after many long nights of screaming matches. he hoped you finally found your forever. someone to spend your simple sundays with.

as much as it hurt karl hoped that your new boyfriend was treating you better than he could. because you deserved the world times two. and if karl couldn't give it to you he hoped your new boyfriend would.

686 words

first karl oneshot!

did y'all like it?

bit angsty but i love writing these

hope you are all doing well <33.

unedited as always.

written on 02.28.2021