• 14 • Book

It was the time of the day where everyone is quite. The darkness looms over the cities. And where people will do their extra activities they couldn't do in the morning.

As for Homusubi, she was fixing up her stacks of books on her mini bookshelf. Her other siblings finally had their own rooms, but she adapted to having this whole bedroom to herself.

At least she'll be able to read her books peacefully until the nannies enter the room to check on her. If they did saw her reading a book this late at night, they would put her to sleep no matter what or else it would be THEM that would get scolded by-- you guessed it, Enji Todoroki.

In the present time, the little one was... facing a problem. She was missing one book.

"Where could it be?" She mumbled before sighing in distress since no matter how many times she checked her room, she couldn't find it.

"Musubi?" The nanny came in, "Are you not asleep yet?"

"No! Nanny, my book is missing!" The little girl ran up to her with a sad pout.

"Well, it's late now so we should just find it tomorrow. You're supposed to be asleep, rice ball."

"But my book!" She persisted, "I lost it today! And-And it was a gift from grandmama!"

"Grandmama...?" Her eyes widen a bit, 'Boss's mother?! But I've never even seen her before!-- Wait. I remember... there was a delivered mail specifically for Musubi! That must've been the book she's talking about!'

Getting the feeling of responsibility in this situation, the nanny laughed heroically while kneeling to her height, "What's the book about, my Musubi?"

"I can't remember..." She stroked her chin, "But it was colour blue! Blue like the ocean!"

"Ah yes..." The nanny nods awkwardly before standing up, "Nothing else? Maybe something more unique about the book so I can find it faster?"

"I'll find it with you."

"No!" She whisper-yelled, kneeling to her height again, "Young boss, if your father finds you walking down that hallway we'll both be dead!"

"Dead? Dada will kill us because I'm walking?"

"No. No. No. He'll get ANGRY if he sees you walking down the hallway because you're supposed to be asleep. Then he'll KILL us."

"If he sees me walking down the hallway?"

"Yes."

"If he SEES me walking down the hallway..."

"Yes-- wait for-- no-- young boss! Where are you going?!"

"He won't get angry if he won't see me!" She said while tiptoeing down the hall, "Act like I'm in my bedroom, nanny!"

The nanny heaved a sigh while face-palming, 'Oh gosh. But... maybe she's right. The two of us searching would be faster, plus she's the only one between us who knows the book!'

Homusubi saw this as a game in her head. With every sound she hears, she would immediately run behind a wooden pillar to hide. Then after making sure that nobody is in the hallway anymore, she continues to search the rooms.

Nothing in the kitchen. Nothing in the room they don't use. Nothing in the storage. Nothing in another room they don't use. NOTHING in another storage room. Why are there so many useless rooms here?

The little girl starts to hum while fiddling with her pyjama shirt, "Where's that book?" She whispered to herself before stopping in front of another room she would check next.