• 48 • The End: Wrath of the God of Fire

The End: Wrath of the God of Fire

[*sniffle* W-What?! Don't mind me! I'm just crying in this corner after writing this chapter!]

• • •

Despite the creatures' pressuring presence, he did not give it even one more look as he swiftly slides under it, launched himself in the air, then held up his sword to plunge it down through Homusubi's chest

'Protect me.'

But it was blocked by the firey feathers of the Phoenix itself. It tilted its head down, giving the man a piercing glare. Futsunushi remained to be unfazed and simply pushed his sword down to cut through its feathers before beginning to give it more slices while moving around. Yet it merely regenerates in a matter of seconds before swiftly twirling to slam its tail against him.

As all of this happened for only 5 seconds, Homusubi had already thought about escaping with Touya, but a new enemy blocks their way to the staircase. In an instinct she steps in front, ready to battle the enemy wearing a straw hat while spinning his long and dangerous spear around.

"Touya. Listen carefully," Homusubi muttered to her side, "If anything happens to you, call. my. name."

"I'll be your opponent this time, I hope you're not tired yet from the previous fights, vessel." He grins grimly while pointing his spear up to where her head is, "If you surrender now like a very good girl, then I might let your brother over there survive."

"I trust no one that holds that kind of smile." She grumbled as she enhanced her hands with a coat of her fire.

"I see... then I'll give you ten seconds to change your mind... 10..."

In her mind, she was seeing two different perspectives. The sight she's seeing now and the sight the Phoenix sees while battling their strongest knight. As a result of her technique, she has two minds at the same time. Controlling different bodies simultaneously, but it is undeniable that her ultimate technique is ultimate.

Resulting in her real body having a decrease of firepower in exchange for the Phoenix.

'They threw my binding cloth to the lava... So I hope he's an easy one for my fists alone. But I'll try my best to survive...' A small smile forms on her lips while glancing behind her, 'Plus... I need to look cool in front of my brother.'

"-One... Time's up!"

Touya only gave her a nervous look in response that suddenly turned frightened while looking beside her. She swiftly turned to face the enemy and blocked the blade of the spear in the middle of her palm. Despite having lesser power in quirk, her raw strength does not back down, additionally with her enhanced senses in this world. Her eyes widen when he grins and clicks a button on his end.