• 19 • Other side

• • •

• • •

"Alright, this seems to be a good spot." Enji said as he unfolds a chair and planted it down on the ground.

There were ponds filled with fishes inside the island for the customers, and it already had a fishing dock for them.

Homusubi steps up beside him and gasped in surprise while pointing to his right, "Dada what's that?!"

He hums as he looks to where she pointed and saw nothing else but trees and birds.

He looks back at his daughter with a confused expression but was caught off guard when she forms a genuine heart with her arms while wearing a straight face. As if it was telepathy, he could hear what she was saying, 'Ai~shi~te~ru~!'

He narrows his eyes at her with a bashful smile, "Alright, stop joking around." He shuffles her hair and takes his rod to set up bait.

She snickered before following him as always like a little duckling, "What are you doing?"

"To catch a fish, you need a bait." He explains as he stabs a plastic shrimp in the hook, "It could be worm but that's--"

"Ew!!! Worms?!"

"Yes. Disgusting. But it could be anything shiny, fish follows anything shiny."

The team 'I hate worms.'

Enji continues his lesson, teaching Homusubi the basic techniques when it comes to fishing. She mimics his movements and fishes.

• Later •

She pouted while doodling on the dirt with a stick.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Enji asked, leaning against his chair to check up on her while fishing.

She sniffs, "... That's not fair."

"What?"

"You got 6 fishes and I only got one SOCK!" She finally lets out her bitter tears.

"Well, maybe you should go somewhere far away from me... There, go over there." He points at a spot not too near yet not too far away from him.

"Hmph." She huffs while she stood up, she threw the stick away and picked up her bucket with her road to go far away from him.

Enji heaves a sigh while shaking his head. Setting down the fishing rod aside that's still waiting for another fish to bite.

'Homusubi's different... She has no regards for the different experiences of people and thinks that she, a child, can do what an adult can do.' He scratches his ear, 'That... might be troublesome.'

The sounds of leaves and twigs crunching with every step caught his attention. He looks to his side.

"Back so soon?"