• 15 • School

A few years have passed ever since Homusubi started her early training for her quirk. And let's just say that... she's improved, developed, gotten stronger. At least most of the time she'll be able to control her burn-tantrums and avoid terrifying everyone.

"HAAA!" Homusubi shoved a fish in front of Touya.

The little boy jumped in his seat before screaming, "Mommy!!!"

Homusubi bursts out of laughter in her seat as her little brother shuffled to hide behind their mother.

Touya was only less than a year younger than her, yet because of his frail state, it was an instinct of him to be constantly dependent.

"Musubi... Don't play with the food." Rei warned gently while comforting her scared son.

"It was funny!" She giggled before she set the fish down on the plate where it's supposed to be.

(Trivia: Touya Todoroki hates fish)

"Food is to be respected. And scaring people isn't funny, my little girl."

She huffed her cheeks while stuffing a mouthful of rice in her mouth, "Mwhy is dada nawt he anywe, mom? Ishe at work?" Why is dada not here anyway, mom? Is he at work?

"He's at work." She answered, reaching out to wipe the pieces of rice around her lips. A nanny was feeding Fuyumi.

Her gaze fell to her plate of food, "But... can he come to the opening ceremony? It's my first day of school..."

Rei felt pity for the poor child. Homusubi has always looked up to him for so long, that's why she's afraid that someday he'll break her expectations that he never has. But as a mother, she couldn't bring herself to tell her that Enji couldn't attend as he's in a meeting in his agency. It was just bad luck.

Rei heaves a sigh, "Musubi--"

"He can't come can he?"

Rei was taken aback and gave her daughter a pitiful look. Homusubi had worn a pout that she tried to hideaway.

The 6-year-old was all ready for her very first day of school. Any parent would be proud of seeing their children wear a school's uniform for the first time.

"Well..." Her mother heaves a sigh while setting down her chopsticks, "Why don't you give your father a call?"

Life was brought back to her eyes as she looks up with a growing smile.

"Hey! He's my dad too!" Fuyumi blurted out.

• • •

In the middle of the meeting, held on the top floor of the building. The board directors were cut off when a sudden phone rang for an incoming call.

All of them silenced and looked over at their boss, Enji, with an awkward look.

He heaves a sigh as he picked up his phone from the table to see who it was, 'Rei...? Something must've happened.'

He gestured to the people in the room to be dismissed and everyone was shocked by his action but didn't hesitate to follow his orders.

He answers the call, "What is it?--" He was cut off with a high pitched tone calling out for him.

"Dada!!!"

Enji was surprised to hear her loving daughters' voice, she didn't seem to be in danger, just.
.. excited. He sighs as he knows what was happening, "I'm sorry Musubi, I'm in a meeting--"

In which he isn't in anymore.

"--I'm-- busy..." He rephrased.

"..."