• 16 • Bully Extraction

"Don't ever use your quirk in school, alright?" Nannies, mother, father, whoever they may be, that's what they always told Homusubi before going to school.

"But why?"

"Because... You still can't control it, Musubi."

"I'm strong! I trained for 3 years!"

"Oh, it takes more than 3 years to be strong. You're only strong for your age. That's why we don't want you hurting anybody okay?"

"But I won't!" She persisted.

"I know... You won't. That's why promise me- promise me that you won't use your quirk."

• • •

Knowledge.

Quirk.

Independence.

Homusubi was better than the rest of her classmates in all those three words. When she's not with her father or her family members, she becomes more serious and righteous.

Heroic is the best term that suits this side of her. Just like her father...... maybe.

Two months into her school, Enji consistently received good news about her daughter from the school faculty.

> Acing the class.

> Offering a hand to others, like teaching them simpler ways about a lesson.

> Helping them in times of need, like picking that last kid no one wants in a soccer game for being frail.

Everyone admired her for being such a true and pure friend, along with her optimistic personality, which resulted in her popularity in school skyrockets into the air in just a month.

However, that increases her potential as a victim of the lurking vicious bullies.

Today. Today was the day that those bullies will put an end to her popularity.

He makes his way through the outdoor cafeteria along with his buddies. Approaching the table that Homusubi is settled down along with her classmates that chatted with each other.

Their victim seemed pretty quiet and laid back while eating a sandwich.

He grins as he tower over her from behind while holding a bottle of milk.

The people at the table stopped chatting and looked up at this boy that interrupted.

"Yo Richie." They greeted awkwardly, suspicious of why he stood behind Homusubi who was ignoring him until he announces himself.

"Hello everyone! Especially you Homusubi. Hah! Your dad must be a joker for naming you after the God of Fire."

"Huh?" She turns to look up at him with her big and innocent eyes while taking a bite of her food, "Do you need anything?"

He glanced down at the sandwich she took a bite off and rolled his eyes, "Well it seems more like you need something. Here. You need some milk."

He opens the cap and didn't have second thoughts to pour the fresh milk on her.

Everyone in the area gasped as they watched Homusubi who sat still and hang her head down, letting the milk soak up her hair and shoulders.

"Awww did I upset the spoiled little brat?" He pouted as his peers snickered. 

Noticing that her classmates were about to come up to her, he immediately took a step forward and threw a powerful blow to their face, "Back off!" He faced the other kids who flinched under his glare, "She's not as strong as you think she is! Why would you even help her?! You bunch of BAKAAA!"

Homusubi twitched and looked down at the student who got punched. She was struggling to get up as she held her aching cheek, tears were filling up her eyes because of the stinging pain.

The rice ball's breath hitched as she sees blood trickling down from the nose of the girl. Her eyes widen.

'Richie Harohiko. Half-American, half-Japanese. Coming from a rich family. A spoiled brat who got nothing else to do in his life but bully others. Quirk: Ticking Time Bomb, creates a bomb explosion from his hand or feet with a count down for 5 seconds.'

A few students had scurried to run to the door and tell the teacher, but it got closed off by a few more peers of the bully to block their way.

"Hahaha!" Richie looked over at the rest of the students, "You see? This piece of poop can't even fight back! She can't show her quirk because she's weak! You all should admire me, talk about me, look up at Me because I'M FAR MORE POWERFUL THAN-- AHK!!" He was caught off guard when Homusubi grabbed a hold of his wrist tightly.

"Stop running your mouth!" She whined, "You have a problem in your head, you know that? We're going to school to be a hero but oh look! You're acting like a stupid villain!"

At first, Richie was gasping like a scared little boy, but soon he had enough conviction, 'Quirk activate. 5.'

Homusubi realized and immediately let go of him.

'4.'

He smirks and took this chance to close the distance between them but she jumped back into the field.

'3.'

He reached out for her wrist, but she launches herself to the side, hoping she'd get his ankles broke.

'2.'

"GET HER!"

She accidentally bumped into one of his peers, but before she could escape them, they ganged up and grabbed ahold of her.

Richie laughed in entertainment of the squirming mouse as he walks closer to her. He held his hand up, a few centimetres away from her face, with the bomb detonating in the very next second.

She grits her teeth for the impact. Her heart pounded against her chest as she could hear a ringing sound from the incredible pressure in the air.

He is going to hurt her, and no one can help her. No one. Not even her father.

At that moment, just a jiffy before the explosion could occur. She remembers a memory, a line, a phrase told by her father.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

He saw her sitting down on the edge of the porch under the cloudy skies and gently brushing the grass with her feet. He heaves a sigh while taking a seat beside her.

"... Does my quirk... hurt people?"

Enji glances down at her with furrowed eyebrows, "What do you mean, Musubi?"

"It's just... Nanny would tell me the stories of how... I almost burned my room while I was just a baby. How the nurse got hurt after I was born. How mom..." Her voice cracked, she couldn't bear to say it, she couldn't believe that she had actually hurt her mother.

"Don't listen to what they say. Sigh... Damn those people." He muttered the last sentence.

He continues, "Listen, the quirk itself isn't dangerous, but how you USE it. So make sure to use your quirk to protect people and not the opposite thing, okay?"

Her eyes widen as she looked up at him with a surprised expression. A new lesson learned that could potentially help her soon.

"Dada... Thank you."

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

She thought as she takes in a deep breath... 'Dada... I'm sorry.'