• 5 • First Birthday

Today was officially Homusubi's birthday and the Todoroki residence celebrates it.

Balloons, bright decorations, pleasant birthday cakes, it was a birthday party truly fitted for a child. From breastfeeding to now eating cereals or baby foods, where they fed her a lot, the once one-day-old baby has turned one year old.

Started from a gummy smile to a smile with a few teeth. From eating small to eating a lot. From being a helpless infant to a baby that can almost stand. From crying to laughing where she's influenced by the giggles and laughter of the people closest to her, so she rarely ever gets into a tantrum and burn.

But a new situation arises.

The only guests were the family of Rei, which compromised of a mother, a father, and a sister.

It was going well as Enji wanted; they gave him free time today, which was c o i n c i d e n t a l l y  his daughter's birthday.

He opens her bedroom door to check in on his beloved offspring. He saw that his one-year-old daughter, who has grown so much since the first time he held her, finished dressing up into a nice white dress and was now sitting on her bed to let the nanny slip her doll shoes on her tiny feet.

The toddler noticed the head peaking in and after recognizing it, a playful grin made its way to her lips before babbling unrecognizable words. Trying to say who's here while flapping her hands on her lap.

"Sigh, when will you speak your first word...?" The nanny wore a smile after finishing up tying her shoes.

She gets up to fix the collar of the Homusubi's dress, "Here let's practice saying mama, as a surprise gift for your family!"

Homusubi raised both of her eyebrows curiously.

Enji felt his heart stung.

"Mama. Say mama." The nanny softly said, determined that a smart little girl like her can get it right.

The birthday girl responded with a totally different, and not an actual phrase.

The nanny let out a small laugh in response to her helpless answer, "We better get it right sooner rice ball! Party is starting soon!"

She cooes in response while throwing her hands in the air for the nanny to pick her up, completely forgetting about her father that remained there.

The father let out a quiet and sad sigh before closing the door.

"Enji."

He almost attacked the presence of a person in instinct but discarded that plan as soon as he realized it was none other than his Father-in-law, who wore a warm smile.

Of course, who wouldn't be happy forcing his daughter to marry a top hero who proposed even if she doesn't want to? Everyone else but him.

"So it's your daughter's birthday... Do you have any plans for her future?"

Enji blinked a few times before looking away with a nod as he walks down the hallway, "Of course."

The father-in-law hummed in response as he follows him, "Do you want her to be a hero too?"

"Not necessarily. I need a child who bears the abilities of both me and their mother. And that child will become my perfect... heir." Despite Enji, having emotional attachments to Homusubi, his ambition continued to grow day by day.

"Ah yes..." The older man held his head down, "I just hope that the child my daughter is carrying right now... will be healthy."

Enji nods silently in response.

"Enji. If you need any advice in parenting, just talk to me or my wife, we're here to support you as a family."

The buff man stooped in his tracks for a second before continuing to walk again, "I appreciate it..."

• • •

"Happy birthday to you!" Everyone, well mostly everyone, sang the birthday song while clapping.

Homusubi had a wide and innocent smile on her face as she looks up at everyone singing for her. A few were taking a record of this memorable moment in life.

She may still not understand yet, but she understands the feelings everyone had that influenced hers too. That's why she felt excited, and how she could see the insecurity and nervousness her father felt.

Even if he kept himself away from the family and busy with work, the baby remained to admire the man through pictures or television news. The mother and nannies seemed to notice it: seeing her sparkling eyes as she watches the news about the hero Endeavor saving the day...

"Happy birthday dear Homusubi~♪ happy birthday to you~♪"

"Blow the cake, sweetie!" Her grandma encouraged.

After a few seconds of no response from the toddler that eyed the cake, they began to worry.

"What's wrong?"

"Come on! Cooome on!"

Enji and Rei looked up at each other curiously, both of which are worried for their daughter too, as her sister still had a hand placed on the big bump on her stomach.

The new situation is that Rei Todoroki is pregnant... with a boy, and will give birth anytime.

Well, ironically, because Homusubi unlocked her quirk the moment she was given birth, Enji immediately knew that she wasn't the heir he was looking for, however, he knows that she still has strong potential.

The toddler spoke out one letter, but still unrecognizable of which letter it is.

"Can't you do it?" The nanny asked nervously.

"D... zzz... Ss..." Homusubi struggled before finally letting out the word she wanted to say.

"DADA!"

Everyone was taken aback, "D-Dada?"

"It's her first word!!!" Everyone looked up at her father.

"M-Me...?" Enji nervously points at himself.

"Oh, who else is the father?" His mother-in-law nudges his arm teasingly.

"Dada! Dada!" She demanded.

"Come on Enji boy, your daughter wants you!" His father-in-law chuckled while giving him a push forward.

Enji remained flustered as he walked up to her and kneeling to her height, "What? What is it?"

"Mm!" She tugged on his arm while turning her head to the cake.

"You... want me to blow the candles with you?"

"Ooo! need to take a photo of this." Her sister smiled excitedly as she holds of her phone in front of them.

Everyone noted that this will be a memory that should be kept safe.

She gives him her award-winning smile before nodding in response.

He couldn't help but be surprised by her daughter's sudden demands, but he found himself not being able to reject anyway as he leans in close beside her.

"Alright... in the count of 3... 2... 1..."

*snap*

The adorable memory of a father and daughter blowing the cake together turned into a picture, so it will last longer.

He proudly displays the picture on top of his desk in his office. Reminding him of how full of surprises his daughter can be.

.

.

.