• 29 • New Student

???'s pov

???'s pov.

It was another winter day, and the stares given to my direction fed my anxiety more. I tucked myself in my black turtle neck coat, trying to hide the blush dusted across my cheeks that reached my ear. All because of me being an introvert and the snowfall at the same time.

"He's the new transfer student right?"

"Yeah..."

"That's the first time I've seen a quirk like that."

My sharp ear senses could pick up the countless whispers from meters away. A sigh left me, creating a thick fog through my collar while continuing my way down the stoned-path. Having enhanced senses was a good thing, but accidentally knowing private conversations because of it is another. 'Mm... Why did they send me here? I'm freezing to death...'

"Hey there, little boy!"

I stopped and looked up at the female teacher who called for me from the entrance of the doors. She leans down with a warm eye-smile, "You're the new student right? You're cuter than I expected! Where are they?"

"U-Uhh... T-They told me to go to the principals' office..."

"Ah, I see! Come, I'll lead you to his office." She lends her hand towards me and I flinched as my body instinctively move away. The teacher noticed it and felt awkward while hesitantly pulling her hand back.

"Sorry... Just follow me. It's not much of a long walk." She reassured. I nodded and walked up to her side, although I made sure to stay half a meter away from her. Having physical contact with people makes me uncomfortable, especially when I grew up in an abusive home. Thankfully... I was saved from that place... but I don't feel happy...

Dad... Mom...

"Hey watch out!"

Because the stupid ol' me was spacing out into my own world, I didn't notice that I had bumped into a person and fell back. A girl to be specific... Wait... A GIRL?!

The girl swiftly reached out, her short red hair swaying with the move she pulled as she brought me back to my own feet. I quickly balanced myself and couldn't bring myself to look up at her in the eye. My blush spread wider as I stared at her hand that tightly held mine.

"Sorry about that. I seemed to be spacing out." She laughs softly in a nervous way while letting go of my hand. But she was surprised when I remained to hold on to it tightly while frozen still. 'Move. Please move. Oh gosh, I don't want to embarrass myself any further!' I thought.

"No one was hurt right?" The teacher checked them in worry, "Phew! Thank you for making sure he won't fall, Homusubi."

'Homusubi... is her name...? I think I heard a few students talk about her earlier too. Perhaps she's a new student like me?'