Chapter 24

Y/N POV:

"We need to talk."

Oh no, the four words every child hates to hear from their parents, and now, I was hearing them.

"About?" I asked nervously as my fathers face remained serious.

"You know what about Y/N."

I sighed, "It's nothing dad, okay, just go back to Jack and Katie."

"No, dont shut me out Y/N! This is something that needs sorting." He said, obviously getting angry with being dismissed.

"L/N, your fathers only trying to help." McGonagall said softly as I began to get out of the Hospital bed.

"I said I'm fine." I was beginning to lose my temper.

"Y/N L/N! Do not walk away from this!" He yelled after me as I made my way to the Gryffindor Common Room.

"I don't see what the big deal is dad, it doesn't make a difference to anything!" I continue to yell as I made it to the portrait and entered the Common Room.

"Y/N! Oh thank Merlin you're okay, I was worried sick! What happened?!" Hermione said while holding one of my hands as she placed the other on my cheek, checking me over for anymore injuries.

"I'm fine 'Mione, really, there's no need to worry." I said softly as she looked into my eyes sceptically.

"Y/N!" The voice of my father filtered through the portrait as it swung open.

"Oh god, I can't believe you followed me in here." I laughed dryly.

"Hello everyone, I'd like a word with my son." He said politely.

"No, they stay, you on the other hand, need to get back to the twins." I said, walking to stand beside my friends.

"Fine, so Y/N, when were you going to mention that St Mungo's never managed to get rid of the scar on your chest and the effects of the spell that you were attacked with when your mother died are still occurring." He said quizzically.

I looked up trying to show I was 'thinking' before replying flatly, "It was never brought up in conversation."

"I don't appreciate your attitude boy." He said pointing to me, causing Hermione to grab my hand from behind my back outside of my fathers view.

"Now, I do believe in diplomacy so I'm going to ask you this calmly. Is it true that this little...coughing 'episode', has happened before, and that this isn't the first time you've coughed up blood?" My father said calmly as I involuntarily tightened my grip on Hermione's hand, causing her to look at me.

"Hm? By the look of your...friend, I'm right." He said triumphantly, "Care to tell me why?"

"I didn't mention it because-because I didn't want you o-or anyone else to see me as weak and cowardly...I didn't want you to be anymore disappointed in me than you already are...because of what happened with mom." I say looking towards the ground.