Chapter 6

Y/N POV:

It was now Friday, two days since my...incident. Harry and Hermione seemed to have stopped questioning me, but I doubt they've stopped worrying.

I currently have double Potions with Professor Snape, after that I had the rest of the afternoon to do whatever I wanted. Everyone was saying that as Snape is the Head of Slytherin he favoured them, I just ignored the rumours and carried on walking to Potions.

When I arrived at Potions I noticed there was a free seat next to Hermione.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. "Of course Y/N."

Hermione and I had actually gotten quite close over our first week at Hogwarts, especially since her concern for my health in the Great Hall a couple days ago, since then I would always try to sit next to her in lessons and we would take notes and work together. She was very smart and the two of us would normally finish our tasks before everyone else. She was kind, sweet and very caring, I hoped we stay friends throughout our time at Hogwarts because anyone would be lucky to have her as a friend.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of Potion-making," Snape began as he dramatically barged through the door, "As there is little foolish wand waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses...I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even put a stopper on death."

Everyone looked at Snape intrigued and I was watching him with ever ounce of concentration I had. He then spotted Harry writing down notes and decided to pick on him.

"Well if it isn't Harry Potter, our new celebrity." He sneered. "What would I get if I added the powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"I don't know sir." Harry whilst Hermione's hand shot into the air.

"Clearly fame isn't everything...Where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know sir."

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming into this classroom, eh, Potter? What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Snape asked smugly.

A this point, Hermione was practically jumping around with her hand still raised, eager to answer his questions.

"I don't know," Harry said quietly, "But I think Hermione knows, why don't you ask her?"

This caused a few laughs from the Slytherins in the class, mostly Malfoy and his disciples, but Snape didn't look impressed.

"Sit down you silly girl!" He barked to Hermione. I clenched my fists in response and Hermione noticed this and placed her hand on top of mine with a reassuring smile causing me to calm down.

"For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of the Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name aconite." Snape said while looking around, "Well? Why aren't you all coping this information down?"

The whole class immediately getting their quills and parchment and writing down notes.

"And 5 points will be taken form Gryffindor for your cheek, Potter." Snape added in a hateful tone.

"That's not exactly fair is it Professor?" I spoke up in a disbelieving tone, causing all eyes to land on me and Hermione to gasp.

"And who might you be boy?" Snape spat.

"Y/N L/N." I said defiantly.

"Oh yes Mr L/N, Mr Malfoy mentioned you when he spoke to me." He smirked and my brows furrowed in confusion as he continued. "Got quite the temper haven't you? Yes he told me what you did on the train when he mentioned your mother...Maria her name was, wasn't it?"

My body instantly tensed and Hermione who was sat next to me noticed and grasped my hand once again.

"Got nothing to say L/N?" Snape sneered, I stayed quiet silently fuming. "10 points from Gryffindor for failing to keep you mouth shut!" He snapped.

After the lesson ended I didn't try catching up with Harry and Ron, they said they would be visiting Hagrid, and I wasn't in the mood for meeting the friendly giant. Instead I went to the library with Hermione to calm down and relax.

Lets just say my respect for Snape left as soon as my mothers name was mentioned, and it will take a long time for him to ever earn it back.

(A.N: Sorry if the chapter is a bit short I didn't have a lot of time to write this due to having online lessons. Next chapter is going to be the flying lesson with the Slytherins, I'm thinking of making Y/N the seeker instead of Harry but if you don't want that just let me know and I'll think of something else but until then. Have a great day/night!)