Chapter 9

Y/N POV:

It was half-past eleven, me and Ron were all ready to go and Harry insisted he tag along so we let him. We crept across the Common Room praying to Merlin we didn't wake anybody up.

"I can't believe you guys are actually going to go." A voice said as we all turned in panic to see who it was.

Hermione was sat on a chair looking at us all in disapproval, but mostly at me as I suddenly found the wooden floor very interesting.

"You!" Ron yelled pointing to Hermione as I hit him and told him to be quiet. "Go back to bed!" He whisper yelled.

(A.N: Is that even a thing or have I made it up?)

"I almost told your brother Percy, he's a Prefect. He could put a stop to this idiocy," Hermione replied.

Harry and Ron clearly didn't like Hermione around, but I did, I found her to be quite nice and caring.

"Hermione we're going whether you like it or not, I can't have Malfoy telling people I'm a coward, I just can't." I said calmly yet desperately.

"Of all the people to be irresponsible, I never would have suspected you Y/N." Hermione said while looking at me with disappointment. I looked down, that was the same look my father gave me after he found out what happened when my mother died.

I tried to ignore the thought as me, Harry and Ron made our way out of the Common Room. She just followed. She then huffed, "Fine, I give up. But its your fault if you get caught and expelled."

She then went to turn and re-enter the Common Room only to find the Fat Lady had left the portrait.

"Oh great, now what am I supposed to do?"

"Why don't you come with us Granger?" I said with a small smile.

She didn't look impressed, "C'mon it'll be fun." I whispered while dragging her along with us.

Ron looked at me annoyed and was about to speak but I sent him a glare shutting him up.

The of started walking towards the Trophy Room. By the time we got there it was almost midnight. When we turned the corner to enter the Trophy Room we were surprised to find Filch walking around muttering.

 When we turned the corner to enter the Trophy Room we were surprised to find Filch walking around muttering

"Shit." I mumbled, Malfoy must've tipped him off. We saw Filch and his cat Ms Norris who let out a yowl as she saw us causing us to go into panic mode a sprint down the nearest corridor.

As soon as we stopped Hermione spoke, "I told you! Malfoy set you up."

I was the only one who didn't look ready to collapse as Hermione, Ron and Harry all clutched the stich in their chests.

We were trying to get back to the Gryffindor Common Room as quickly and quietly as possible, lets just say we failed miserably as Peeves spotted us and started to yell that we were out of bed and we had to make a run for it yet again.

All the staircases began to shift and twist as we found ourselves on the third floor that we were told was forbidden.

We quickly ran to the nearest door as me and Hermione whispered, "Alohamora."

What we saw when we entered the room was enough to scare anyone, looking down on us was a giant three-headed dog.

"I suggest we run." I said calmly as the other three silently nodded in agreement. We opened the door we ran all the way to the Common Room and collapsed onto the seats.

"Why would they keep something like that in a school!" Ron asked.

"Don't you know how to use your eyes Ronald? It was standing over a trapdoor." I replied.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking at the ground when a three-headed dog was about to ATTACK ME!" He said dramatically.

Before Hermione went up the stairs to her dorm she glared at us. "I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed or worse expelled. Now unless you want to drag me on another pointless adventure I'm going to bed." And with that she stalked up the stairs.

" And with that she stalked up the stairs

"I'm sorry." I mumbled softly to her, but she never looked back.

(A.N: Sorry for the short chapter I have about 30 teachers E-mailing me about isolation work so I didn't have a lot of time. Hope you enjoyed it, have a great day/night!)