Chapter 10

3RD PERSON POV:

The next day they were at their Transfiguration lesson, waiting for Professor McGonagall to arrive. Y/N and Harry were talking to each other as Hermione did her best to ignore Ron's awful jokes before McGonagall clears her throat and everyone directs their attentions to her at the front of the room.

"You're attention please." She said as she stood in front of her desk to look over the class.

"Right, now today we will be transforming animals, into water goblets." She grabbed her wand and stood by her bird that was perched on a spherical tipped stand.

"Like so." She announced as she tapped her bird gently.

"1, 2, 3." She aimed her wand at the bird. "Vera Verto." A dim light emerged out of her wand and onto the bird as it turned into a silver goblet.

"Now it's your turn." McGonagall said as she walked towards the table Harry, Ron, Y/N and Hermione were sat at.

"Who would like to go first? Ah, Mr L/N. 1, 2, 3, Vera Verto."

Y/N nodded and turned to Rusty.

"Sorry bud." He said as the cat looked at him and widened its eyes before unsheathing his claws and swiping his paw over Y/N's face with a hiss.

"Ah! You little flea bag! I'm gonna turn you into a hat!" Y/N winced, holding his cheek and trying to grab Rusty.

"Looks like there's been a change of plans." McGonagall announced, trying to stop herself from chuckling at the scene as Hermione fussed over the cut on Y/N's cheek.

"Mr Weasley, you'll be first to demonstrate instead." She said, turning to the ginger boy who was wiping tears of laughter out of his eyes.

"What?!" He gasped, suddenly realising what the Professor had said.

"I said, you'll be the first to demonstrate. Now remember, 1, 2, 3 Vera Verto."

Ron gulped and cleared his throat before tapping Scabbers 3 time with his broken wand.

"Vera Verto."

But instead of turning Scabbers into a metallic goblet, he became a furry goblet with a tail that squeaked.

"That wand needs replacing Mr Weasley."

"I'm fine Hermione, it's just a scratch." Y/N groaned as Hermione continued to dab a tissue on the cut, cleaning up the blood.

"It could get infected, so stop moaning and deal with it." She huffed, finally taking the tissue away from his face.

McGonagall then goes to walk back towards her desk as Hermione notices her and raises her hand.

"Yes Miss Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us more about...the Chamber of Secrets." The Professor looked around the class as it fell completely silent and everyone looked towards her.