Chapter 6

3RD PERSON POV:

"Welcome, to another year at Hogwarts..." Dumbledore began as Y/N turned towards Ben and Nick.

"So, what have you two been up to over the holidays?" Y/N said with a smile.

"Y/N! You can't talk to them after the Sorting Ceremony." Hermione whispered harshly as Y/N, Nick and Ben tried to contain their laughter.

"Lovegood, Luna." Professor McGonagall read out as a girl with dirty blonde hair timidly stepped up to be sorted.

"What do you think 'Mione? Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?" Y/N whispered to Hermione as the sorting hat was placed on her head.

"Ravenclaw, no doubt about it, she looks quite smart." Hermione said confidently.

"Really? I would've gone for Hufflepuff, she looks caring." Ben suggested.

"Nah, I'm thinking Slytherin, bet she can be quite cunning if she needs to be." Nick added before everyone went silent to hear the sorting hats final announcement.

"RAVENCLAW!"

The Ravenclaw table erupted in cheers as the girl skipped towards the table.

"Told you." The bushy haired girl said with a proud smile.

"Well played Granger." Ben said with an impressed look on his face.

"Indeed." Y/N smiled, gently nudging her side, causing her to smile back.

"Creevey, Collin."

"GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting continued until a familiar name escaped McGonagall's mouth.

"Weasley, Ginny."

Ginny walked up to the sorting hat and looked out towards the Gryffindor table as it was placed on her head.

"You got this." Y/N mouthed to her as she looked in his direction.

The hat didn't even need to think about it's decision as it bellowed, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Fred and George could be heard cheering from the other end of the table as everyone clapped for their new house member.

The Great Hall went quiet again as McGonagall began to read out another name.

"Nix, Peter." She announced, trying to hide a smile of pride as the boy began to walk towards his caretaker, ready to be sorted.

"What do you guys think of this one?" Ben asked as everyone went silent.

As Nick and Ben discussed what house Peter should be placed in, Hermione and Y/N listened to what the hat had to say.

"Well, isn't this interesting. Didn't have a great start in life did you? This makes me sway towards Slytherin, but you are also caring and considerate to those around you, both human and animal, yes...you don't want to be like your family-" The sorting hat began but was cut off as McGonagall gave it a warning glare. "-I know what house you belong in..."

Everyone went silent for the final announcement, "BETTER BE, HUFFLEPUFF!"

The Hufflepuff table exploded with cheers as the hat was removed from Peter's head.

Y/N looked towards his friend and gave him an encouraging thumbs up.