Chapter 26

3RD PERSON POV:

"I bet one of those keys unlock that door, over there." Y/N said, pointing to the door on the other side of the room.

"What's this all about?" Hermione asked.

"Let's not question it. We just need to find that key." Harry stated.

"That one there!" Y/N yelled, pointing to the rusty looking key which fluttered above them, "It's the only one that's different."

Harry ran to the door and inspected the keyhole before comparing it to the the key Y/N pointed out, "I think he's right. It looks like that's the right one."

Ron nodded before inspecting the broom in front of her, "Doesn't this seem a bit too easy?"

"Well of course it does!" Y/N said bluntly, which earned a slap and a scolding look from Hermione, "But I might as well give it a try. If that traitor could do it, I'm pretty sure I can."

"Yeah, you're the youngest Seeker in a century mate, you could beat Snape at this with your eyes closed!" Harry said as Y/N rolled his eyes.

Ron and Hermione both nodded in agreement, which gave Y/N all the courage he needed to mount the dusty old broom. As soon as he did, the keys started moving more rapidly around the room and began to chase after Y/N on the broom. It was no use against the Gryffindor Seeker, as he flew up, grabbed the key quickly and threw it down to Hermione so she could unlock the door.

Y/N flew down and dismounted the broom before following his friends into the next room. The quiet and dark room was filled with giant chess pieces. The four of them walked further into the room before Hermione spoke, "I don't like this. I don't like this at all."

The H/C haired boy recognized how the room was set up to resemble a giant chess board, before turning to his friends. "It's a chess board. Like the one me and Ron played with before we left for the holidays."

Ron stepped up into the board with Y/N, "Blimey! You're right!"

"Of course I am." Y/N said with a smirk in Hermione's direction.

Suddenly, the torches around the room all ignited one by one, which had illuminated the room immediately

Suddenly, the torches around the room all ignited one by one, which had illuminated the room immediately. The light had revealed that the chess board was already completely set up. As the students saw the door on the other side of the room they began to walk towards it. However, their path was blocked as a chess piece came to life and intercepted them by moving its sword to block their path.

"What do we do now?" Questioned Harry.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Y/N said with a smirk as he looked over the giant chess board, "We have to play our way across the room."