Chapter 19

Y/N POV:

As the Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff match grew nearer, I became more and a more nervous. The rest of the team wasn't too calm either. The idea of overtaking Slytherin in the house championship sounded amazing, no one had done it for seven years, but I doubt we'd have the opportunity with such a biased referee.

I knew when they wished me good luck outside the locker room the next afternoon, that Ben, Nick, Harry and Hermione were wondering whether they would ever see me alive again.

"Oh stop being pessimistic Y/N." Hermione yelled, slapping my arm as I was about to walk into the locker rooms.

"You can't blame me 'Mione, if what you said about Snape jinxing my broom in the last match is true, then I dont know what might happen." I said as the look in her face went from shock to worry.

I could hardly hear the words of Wood's pep talk as I adjusted my Quidditch robes and grabbed my Nimbus Two Thousand.

Before I could make my way onto the pitch, Wood pulled me to the side.

"Don't want to pressure you L/N, but if we ever need an early capture of the Snitch it's now. Finish the game before Snape can favour Hufflepuff too much."

"The whole school's out there!" Fred yelled, peering out the door. "Even Dumbledore has come to watch!"

"What's good ol' Dumbledore doing at a Quidditch match?" George asked.

"Dumbledore?!" I said, dashing to the door to make sure. Fred was right, there was no mistaking that fine beard.

After gazing out to the stands I couldn't cheered in relief since I knew no one would try to harm me while he was spectating

After gazing out to the stands I couldn't cheered in relief since I knew no one would try to harm me while he was spectating. There was simply no way someone would try anything with Dumbledore around.

Perhaps that was why Snape and...Quirrel? Looked so angry.

"Why would Quirrel be angry?" I mumbled to myself.

I sighed and started to get ready for the match.

Hermione POV:

"I've never seen Snape look so mean," Ron told me, "look, they're off. Ouch!"

Someone had poked Ron I the back of the head, that someone happened to be Malfoy.

"Oh, sorry Weasley, didn't see you there." Malfoy grinned at Crabbe and Goyle.

"Wonder how long L/N's gonna stay on his broom this time? Does anyone want to bet? What about you Weasley?"

Ron didn't answer, instead Ben answered. "Longer than you ever could."

Snape had just then awarded Hufflepuff a penalty because George Weasley had hit the Bludger towards him. I sat, fingers crossed, watching Y/N carefully, who was circling the game like a hawk, searching for the Snitch.

All through the game, I could hear Malfoy make little comments either about Gryffindor or Y/N.

"Malfoy shut you dirty pure-blood mouth, Y/N is ten times the Quidditch player you could ever be!" I snapped at him, shocking myself and those around me.

Before Malfoy could retaliate Harry spoke up, "Ron, Hermione!" He shouted pointing towards the pitch, "Y/N!"

"What? Where?" Ron and Nick said, looking around frantically.

Y/N had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. I stood up, cheering loudly as he bolted towards the ground like a bullet.

"Come on Y/N!" I screamed, leaping onto my seat to watch as he spread straight as Snape.

I could see that by where Snape was, a golden shine sped past missing him by inches, followed by something scarlet. The next second, Y/N had pulled out of a dive, his arm raised in triumph, the Snitch clasped in his hand.

The stands erupted, it had to be a record, no one could ever remember the Snitch being caught so quickly. I just cheered as loudly as I could.

"YES!" I scream, clapping. "YES!"

"Ron! Ron! Where are you? The games over!" I yelled towards my fiends, "Y/N's won the match! We won! Gryffindor is in the lead!" I shrieked, dancing up and down in my seat and hugging Parvati Patil in the row in front

Y/N POV:

I jumped off my broom, a foot from the ground. I couldn't believe it. I had done it, the game was over. It had barley lasted five minutes. As Gryffindors came spilling onto the field, I saw Snape land nearby, white faced.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up into Dumbledore's smiling face.

"Well done." He said quietly, so that only I could hear, "You would give your father and Harry's a run for their money."

Later, I left the locker room, to take my Nimbus Two Thousand back into the broom shed. I couldn't remember a time when I felt happier. The evening air had smelled so sweet and calming. I walked over the dank grass of the Quidditch pitch, replaying the past hour over in my head, which was a happy memory. The Gryffindor team lifting me onto their shoulders Ben, Nick, Harry and Ron congratulating me and Hermione wrapping me in bone crushing hug while peppering kisses all over my face before abruptly letting go and apologizing, going bright red in the face.

 The Gryffindor team lifting me onto their shoulders Ben, Nick, Harry and Ron congratulating me and Hermione wrapping me in bone crushing hug while peppering kisses all over my face before abruptly letting go and apologizing, going bright red in t...

This was going to be a day that I never want to forget.

(A.N: Hello I had some free time on my hands so I managed to release a new chapter, I know it's short but I tried my best so I hope you enjoy it. Next chapter will hopefully be longer and better but until then, I hope you have a great day/night!)