Chapter 9

Y/N POV:

It felt strange, not waking up to Hermione greeting me in the Common Room, not seeing her smiling face everyday, not being able to hang around with her, Ron and Harry.

But I had to move on, I had to focus on the problem at hand.

And the name of that problem was Gilderoy Lockhart.

"You see Y/N, me and your father went on many adventures during my time at the ministry." He smirked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Just kill me now." I mumbled as he began rambling on about all of his 'adventures' and what a good friend he is to my father.

"As much as I'd love to do that, you're too valuable."

"Gee, thanks." I sighed.

"You're very welcome young L/N." Lockhart said with a cocky smile, letting go of my shoulder as I groaned in annoyance.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude but...your stories suck, my father despises you and everybody knows you're nothing but a fraud." He looked at me shocked as I continued, "So why don't you do us all a favour. And get lost!"

"The shock of my adventures must be going to your head. That's quite alright Y/N, I understand."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I must leave you now, I have important business to attend to. I suspect I'll be seeing you soon." And with that he strutted away.

"Dick."

"My thoughts exactly." A female voice said as I spun around to come face to face with a second year Ravenclaw.

"Well well, Jennifer Maze. Been a while since I've seen you." I smirked as the Ravenclaw rolled her eyes.

" I smirked as the Ravenclaw rolled her eyes

"We saw each other in Charms the other day. You even spoke to my brother Dylan yesterday." She chuckled.

"Oh how time flies. Where are you headed now?"

"I'm meeting up with Cho, Mia and Pansy in the Library to discuss what plans are made for Halloween." Jennifer smiled.

"Ah, so a girls day. I didn't realise you hung around with Pansy Parkinson, y'know the Slytherin that follows Malfoy around like a lost puppy." I stated, knowing that Pansy was probably one of the biggest bullies in our year, after Malfoy of course.

"She's actually really nice when you get to know her."

"Strange things happen everyday. I'll see you around, tell Dylan I said 'hi'." I say walking towards the Great Hall.

"I will, bye!" She shouts back before heading to the Library.

-x-

3RD PERSON POV: