Chapter 12

Y/N POV:

Perfect, this day is going great! Well...it was going great. That is until the man who thinks it looks cool to take a photo with a painting of himself, painting a painting of himself.

(A

(A.N: For visual reference lol)

"Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!" He said, stopping at the end of the stage and dramatically turning around.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Duelling Club. To train you all up! In case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done one many occasions. For more details, see my published works."

He then pulls on the string keeping his cape up causing it to glide gently towards the ground before he grabs it off the floor and throws it into the crowd. Coincidentally towards a group of girls who each squealed, trying to reach for his cape.

"Let me introduce, my assistant, Professor Snape."

He announces as Snape walks onto the platform with a small smirk trying to find its way onto his face.

"Oh this is gonna be good." I whispered with a smirk of my own.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master once I'm through with him. Never fear."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Snape glance at me "Watch and learn L/N." He said through the Legilimency and smirked, not a lot, but it was definitely there.

Lockhart walks up to Snape at the centre of the platform and they raise their wands to their faces before whipping them back down to their sides and give a small bow. They then turn their backs on each other and take 5 steps forward before turning back around to face each other in their stances, Snape raises his wand in his right hand over his head as Lockhart's wand remains stretched out in front of him in his right hand.

"1...2...3..." Lockhart counted with a cocky grin.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape yelled out.