Chapter 19 - Gathering

Caroline

I laughed lightly, "Its me..Caro-".

Oh my God! I know i had played Klaus a lot lately; to help my friends, but seriously, he just hung up on me! No one does that to me!

Five seconds later, my phone began to ring, and a old voice came through the voice:

"I'm sorry that i hung up on you.. Miss Forbes, but we had an...intruder" Klaus told me. I decided to play on his action for a little longer.

"Come on Caroline...don't you want some more champagne?" he teased and it boiled my blood.

"HEY! I am no goldigga!" oh crap, i  was meant to wait to hear him grovel.

He chuckled in his English-y way at hearing me give up my un-sponsored silence.

I stopped with joking,"Anyways, where are you guys?" I ushered him to let me know the gang's location, though he had other ideas.

"First, are you OK?" Klaus asked me, "You just got into like 3 traumatic accidents in a day, are you sure your even fit to reach us?"

Hm, he cares. The most dangerous supernatural creatures, the most merciless being on the planet cares for...me. What do i think about that? 

Nothing. Honestly i feel nothing right now. He can joke, flirt and talk to me, whatever, but...he will always be a monster. I mean he kissed me, and it felt...nice. OK, it was more than nice, but it was wrong. It still feels like a stain on my relationship with Tyler. I thought becoming a vampire might just help me sort out my personal life...it was the complete opposite.

Sometimes i think about that, what if i had just died? Would things be easier? Would Tyler be happier? Would Klaus be more evil or less evil? I guess i would never know now. Its time to step out of the past, and deal with the now.  Plus, the dude just underestimated me, i'm the girl who basically organizes every school dance and occasion. Give me some credit!

I dismissed his worry for me and made him tell me the location. I had to be there...for my friends. They were my family. 

 Elena

In that moment, with Darius, my heart giggled with teenage joy! So i walked up closer to my little British boy and did the only thing i felt right.

I kissed him. Hard.

His lips tasted as sweet as they did the day we met...hm, my cheeks began to flush red as i realized i was kissing this boy in front of...everyone. Oh well, who are they anyway? He was the only one i remembered, yes i remembered floating above me, but still. He was the only one right now.

Gosh, i had cruel humour. Is that one thing from my past or just the new me? Damn, i was great at making myself feel worse, because at that moment i thought was i better person or just getting worse?

Falling more into the moment with Darius, he slowly slipped me away from him and just held me for a moment. Damn, i was enjoying that kiss and everything.

Bonnie perked up with shock and looked at me, "Um, Elena...who is....that?" she said gesturing to Darius. Uh, still calling me a name i don't feel attached to anymore ,i see. But how was she to know that.

Before i could answer the question, Darius did it for me.

"I'm Darius Livella...and i can tell from the wonderful energy your're a witch..."Bonnie looked surprised when he said that, "Just like me!".

That's when Damon and Stefan looked more than just irritated. Klaus said, "So your one of those English bastards?" which seemed extremely hypocritical to me,because he was the one with the British accent.