Chapter 23

(Edited by @KbaeStar)

All of a sudden they all heard an animalistic growl...

Sirius jumped away from the hug and turned to where they heard the noise come from, Reg and James also looking towards the noise.

James and Regulus looked shocked when they saw Remus standing there looking panicked. Sirius walked up to Remus carefully. "You ok there mate?" Sirius asked while placing a hand on Remus's shoulder cautiously.

Remus's eyes widened slightly when Sirius said mate but he quickly shook himself out of it. He hugged Sirius tightly and hid his blushing, from embarrassment, face into Sirius's hair. Well he did that so he could also restrain himself from glaring at James as well.

You see if you haven't already figured it out by now, Sirius was Remus's mate. All Werewolf's had mates, it didn't matter if you where born or bitten. If you where a werewolf then you had a mate.

Sirius squeaked when Remus hugged him but hugged him back quickly. When they pulled out of the hug Regulus was staring at them with wide eyes.

"Your some creature aren't you? You have to be a Veela or a Werewolf if your this protective over him." Regulus asked making Remus shocked. 

He had growled and now Regulus already knew almost everything. This kid was impressive.

"Wh- I... um." Remus stuttered, looking at Sirius for help. Sirius only gave him an apologetic look before hugging him. He had no clue how to help him in this situation.

"I'm a wearwolf and I understand if you don't wan-" Remus was cut off by James saying "That's bloody brilliant!" With a large smile.

"What?" Remus asked dumbfounded.

"I've always wondered what it would be like to know a werewolf. Well a friendly one. You are perfect! Your one of my best mates and your a werewolf!" James said while Regulus stood up from James's lap.

"Your not mad?" Remus asked as Sirius moved to be beside Remus instead of hugging him.

"Of course not! And don't worry, I won't tell anyone about this either." James said, his smile not leaving at all.

"Thanks James." Remus said with a small smile of his own.

"May I test something?" Reg asked while moving over to Sirius and Remus.

"Be careful about it because the full moon is tonight and his wolf senses are heightened." Sirius warned as Remus nodded.

"Alright." Regulus replied before moving to hug Sirius. Confused, Sirius hugged back as Regulus looked at Remus.

Remus had tensed but had relaxed quickly. "That's his brother, he doesn't want him so your fine." Remus thought as James looked confused at the three.

"Come here James please." Reg asked, waving James over. James jumped up from the bleachers and walked over to them.

"Ok so now can you hug Sirius please?" Reg asked confusing Sirius and James further.

"Um sure..." James said before hugging Sirius.

"Not his brother. He is threat. Attack." Remus's inner wolf growled out in his mind.

"No, he is like Sirius's older brother." Remus tried to reason. While this conversation was going on Remus growled out loud when Comet (Remus's wolf) was talking. Sirius quickly moved out of the hug while Regulus smiled knowingly.

"Go and hug him Siri, he will calm down if you do." Regulus said while moving to hug a slightly shook James. Sirius carefully hugged Remus, snapping him out of his inner conversation with Comet.

Remus hugged back with a smile. "Sorry about that." Remus apologized to James. "Your fine." James said with a small smile as he hugged Regulus back.

"My theory has been proven." Reg said with a smile as he turned around and leaned his back against James's chest.

"And what is that theory Reg?" Sirius asked as he too turned around, his boyfriend wrapping his arms around his waist. Remus gave him a look that said 'Don't tell him please' but Regulus missed it and said his theory anyway.

"Sirius is Remus's mate. All werewolf's have mates so Sirius is Remus's. That means that near the full moon he is going to extremely protective over him. Soon enough he will also become protective over you, Peter, and I as well but will be most protective over Sirius." Regulus stated making Remus go ridged.

"What does that mean? What's a mate?" Sirius asked while turning around and quickly kissing Remus after feeling him tense.

"A mate is like a soul mate but for creatures. If a creatures mate rejects them then they will die within 24 hours of a broken heart. They will also be bound for life and after they mate then they will be able to feel each other's emotions, talk telepathically with one another, and will be able to know where the other is at all times just incase of them is in danger." Reg said making James mouth gape open along with Sirius's.

"Fuck, you weren't supposed to find out like this. I'm sorry, it will be fine if you reject me. I wouldn't want to make you be bound to me for life." Remus said right once Regulus finished his sentence.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down love. I accept you and if I had to be bound to anyone for life I am happy it is you." Sirius said with a smile before he kissed Remus again.

"Our mate accepted us! We won't die!" Comet said happily as Remus hugged Sirius.

"Thank you." Remus whispered in Sirius's ear making Sirius smile at the little tickle.

"If course. I love you." Sirius replied.

"I love you too." Remus said with a large smile. Comet was exhilarated that his mate loved him and Remus back.

When they pulled away from the hug they remembered that James and Regulus where there too.

"I'm sorry Rem, I didn't know that you didn't want Sirius to know. If I had known then I wouldn't have said anything." Regulus's rambling was stopped by James putting his hand over Reg's mouth.

"Thanks." Reg said, muffled from James's hand.

"Your fine Reg, I didn't know how I was going to tell him so technically you did me a favor... there is one other thing I need to tell all of you though." Remus said while scratching the back of his neck.

"What is it?" Sirius asked calmly while glancing over at Regulus, silently asking if there was something he should do to help. Reg made a hug motion to the air making Siri nod and hug Remus.

"I have an inter wolf..."

___________________________________________________

1,086 Words! I hope you all have an amazing day/night! Love you all!! Stay safe!!! Oh and Happy New Years!!!

Posted- Midnight, 01, 2021 (12 o'clock, January 1st, 2021) *In NC*