16. Le toi du moi

I wasn't really focus on the kiss, but more on the words he just told me seconds before... I knew he was honest with that, and it felt amazing, but... was I ready to say the same?

"I love you too, Chris" I said happily once we ended the kiss, and he smiled brightly, as we remained in the embrace. If somebody could see us, they would probably laugh at us, we looked like a pair of teens in love just only that we were already in our mid-20s.

I was going to continue with the cute scene, but the doorbell rang once again, this time being the delivery boy with the food I ordered; luckily, I made a large order, so the food was going to be enough for Chris and I.

"Mmmm smells really good...What is it? Italian?" Chris asked looking at the bags.

"Yeah, you know me... and this restaurant happens to have the best Italian food" I told him while placing the bags on the kitchen table.

"Better than Mrs. Apollonia?" Chris asked with curiosity.

"Of course not! No one can top Mrs. Apollonia skills in the kitchen... but I think this restaurant it's the best in the city"

"I can see why... mmm garlic bread" Chris added while smelling the bags and looking for the bread.

"Don't eat everything now!" I joked, pushing him far from the bags.

"So... Uhhhm... What do you wanna do first?" He asked me in a serious way that made me blush, but I got over it fast and I decided to take the lead.

"Christopher John... What do you have in mind?" I said with a flirty tone and moving slowly closer to him.

"Well I... What are you up to?" He asked a little confused.

"I... I thought that you wanted to-"

"Talk about our lives in these months we were apart or eat first... or maybe we can talk while we eat. What were you...?"

"Forget it, let's eat" I said with a sarcastic/embarrassing laughter at myself because I felt like such an idiot.

But as I was walking away from him, he took me by my hand and pulled me closer back again; now both of us were laughing in a goofy way as we knew what was about to happen.

"Do you think I'm gonna let you walk away just like that?" He purred in my ear and I got chills, but I hided it perfectly.

"Well, I tried to be reasonable with you but, you only want to talk or eat so, I respect your decision" I said, pretending to be unamused and offended.

"Don't look away, I was just teasing you" He said while trying to make me look at him. I was trying to put on a real serious face, but my smile was starting to show.

"Well, I don't like to be teased"

"Oh really? Are you sure that is true?" He added with an enticing tone and getting closer.

"You know it is..." I answered, still looking at his sparkling eyes.

And then we lost it.

It had been months apart, and of course we wanted to be closer, intimate and together... so we did; we surely forgot about the food, the cold weather and even our differences that led us to that rift that was solved after the enjoyable moment... or as I would call it: makeup sex.

I missed to be close to him and near him, so I was really enjoying the mix between love, romance and lust... and I was sure that he was feeling the same way, because he let me know in a very physic way. But then, it was time to go back to reality and take care of the current issues, still we had to talk.