22. Breakable Heaven

I'm sorry for the length of this chapter, I know this thing can be easily a one-shot but it didn't make too much sense when I tried to make it in two parts so... I hope you enjoy it and take your time to read it. Thanks always for voting, commenting and reading, love you all 🥺 take care! X ❤️❤️❤️❤️✨

"Jeff! Hi!" I greeted happily and surprised once I saw him opening the door.

"Flo..." He smiled back and gave me a big hug. "It's been a long time" He said a little bit shy and lowering his gaze, as I stepped inside the house and closed the door.

"I know Jeff, but I'm so damn happy to see you back again" I added with a warm smile, and he finally looked at me.

"Finally! Shit, since when you started to arrive late?" I heard that sassy voice coming from the kitchen and then walking towards me.

"I'm happy to see you too, my always polite Pebble" I added, chuckling.

"Come here, Flossie" He answered and gave me a quick hug.

It has been a couple of months since the last time I saw Jeff, basically since March, and now it was the end of July; I've been closer to Stone since Andy's death, and I knew Jeff took a break from music and from us after what happened, but luckily, he came back, and after the release of Mother Love Bone's only album, they would gather some days to jam a little in Stone's place.

And that's what I was doing there, supporting my dear friends who were trying to start something new, maybe a new band, though this idea wasn't confirmed yet; that day they called me to meet a possible new member of this potential new band, a gifted guitarist named Michael McCready, who went to school with Stone when they were kids.

"Mike arrives in an hour or so... Do you want a beer?" Stone asked.

"How dare you to ask that kind of question?" I answered, pretending to be offended, while Jeff was tuning his bass but chuckled a little.

"Well, I don't know, maybe there's a mini Chris or Florence on its way..." Stone answered while going to the kitchen and returning quickly with the beer.

"Thanks" I said as I took the can, but then I lowered my gaze and continued "There's no mini Chris... and honestly I don't even know if the wedding is actually going to happen" I said, suddenly sounding extremely gloomy.

"Wait... what?" Jeff asked this time, but I couldn't help it and I just broke down in front of them.

"Heeey... calm down... What is it? Was it for my joke? I'm sorry, you know I'm a stupid bitch almost all the time" Stone told me, clearly desperate and guilty.

"God no... it wasn't your fault... I just... shit" I tried to say while sobbing heavily and my tears were free falling.

"Then what is it?" Jeff asked, leaving his bass behind and coming closer to Stone and me.

"I..." But we were interrupted by knock on the door, so Jeff went there.

"Hey, it's ok" Stone told me at the same time we literally heard Jeff greeting someone at the door.

"Oh shit, it's your friend and I'm just here looking pathetic" I whispered as I was quickly cleaning my cheeks while trying to breath properly.

"Mike! Hey..." Stone stood up a little bit nervous and they greeted.

I took my gaze up again, just hoping he didn't notice my current drama... but as soon as we made eye contact, I could see how his genuine smile was replaced by an uncomfortable smirk that was trying to be empathetic with whatever was happening with me at the moment.