7. Rocket Queen

"Are you ready?" I asked him as I saw him smiling at me excitedly.

"Fucking ready"

"Excellent. Here... put this on your neck" I told him as I gave him the pass.

"Alright... Jerry Cantrell, photographer... you're amazing! I look so fucking handsome in the photo!" He added and we both laughed.

"Because you are, blondie" I told him and we continue laughing "Put on this one too"

"BACKSTAGE ALL-ACCESS PASS!? Really!? This is fucking amazing!" Jerry added, clearly thrilled.

"Courtesy of Guns N' Roses staff... I couldn't get us passes from Iron Maiden though" I told him as I was putting on mine.

"It's fine, trust me, this is perfect. How did you get them?"

"Uhhmmm... it's a long story that I would tell you someday, but meanwhile let's hurry up, we need to catch the bus" I told him as we made our way to the bus stop.

For the occasion I decided to wear a pair of blue jeans with my black boots and a black long sleeve lace Vivienne Westwood corset with my hair down as usual.

Once we arrived, we were met by some people from the staff that looked for our names in a long list and checked on our passes, so they got us into the building by an alternative door

I could see excitement and amazement in Jerry's eyes, something that made me happy, because I always liked to see my friends in such a good mood, so I just hoped everything would turn out excellent.

Soon, we were enjoying some soft drinks and a random talk in the lounge room along with other people from the press, groupies and fans. We could hear all the noise from the people who was already waiting for the band, and moments later another person from the staff asked to the press to take our places near the stage. As my assistant, Jerry was in charge of the lenses and another camera.

We waited a little bit and I took some photos of the fans, which you couldn't notice whether they were Iron Maiden fans or GNR fans... since these last ones were appearing as a supporting act, but either way, all of them were gathered there to have a good night.

I've already photographed Iron Maiden before in England, and though my task was only photos of Guns N' Roses, of course I was going to photograph the British fellows, whose music I really liked and enjoyed.

The fans started to chant something so they would hurry up, and suddenly the lights went down, as the people went crazy; in the middle of the darkness I could see some people taking the stage, and suddenly the first riff of Welcome to the Jungle was heard, making the people go crazier.

I took my camera as I was ready, and when the lights went on again, in the middle of the screaming and the smiles from the band, I started to shoot; I noticed Izzy's face searching through the people like a desperate guy and when he finally found me with his gaze, we both smiled brightly as I continued shooting and he made his best display as a model while playing guitar.