11. Ultramega could have been better but not bad

"What do you mean she left for the whole week?" Chris asked confused.

"She has a project to do with her co-workers, and their due date is next Monday... they received the task just today" Andy explained.

"That doesn't make sense" Chris added this time.

"Chris... we don't work at a school... of course it doesn't make sense to you, but we know is a tiring job... I mean, she's basically running all the time" Andy explained.

"We were supposed to go to the fair this week" Chris added, a little bit gloomy.

"Well, you'll just have to wait for the weekend, come on..." Andy tried to cheer him up, but it wasn't possible.

"I'm ready! Where's Florence?" Maggie said, appearing in the living room, as they were going out for lunch.

Chris told her about the news, and she was disappointed too, since she wanted to meet her potential sister in law  and she was going to be in Seattle just two days more.

Meanwhile, I was at Joanne's, recovering  from my mental drama, feeling a little bit sad, but not depressed, just kind of disappointed and angry with myself; next day, on Tuesday, I started to feel better, and honestly I felt ready to go back home, because I considered my attitude was somehow stupid, but just as my fate was always tricky, on Wednesday, Joanne, Carl and me, were actually assigned a small project about Thanksgiving and the due date was on Monday!

"I can't believe it's actually happening!" Joanne was saying, as she was dying of laughter.

"This is my punishment for lying" I answered as I felt pressure falling over me.

"Hey, it's fine... is just a poster for the school... we will finish it on Friday, I promise" Carl said this time, sounding confident and excited with the task, as he was a fan of crafts and stuff like that.

"I don't know why Martha betrayed us just like that" I added joking, but actually wondering the reason.

"She's just doing her job... she's the new principal and she still has to gain the old staff's trust. You know was Mrs. Robinson the one who proposed it right?" Carl said, as Joanne and I dedicated him a weird gaze.

"That bitch hates us! Uggghhhh! I can't stand her... I swear that old hag doesn't like us" Joanne answered.

"But... Why Mrs. Robinson?" I asked, confused.

"Honey, she's the chief of the department of projects" Carl added while sipping his coffee, as it was a chilly day.

"Department of projects? Does that really exist?" I asked, obviously skeptical while lightning a cigarette.

"Yes, basically since the early days of the school"

"Shit... I didn't have idea" Joanne added.

"Well, now we have work to do... that's my punishment for all this stupid drama" I added with a chuckle.

"It's fine... you guys relax, we can start with the design, come on" Carl said, taking out his notebook as we started to share some ideas.

Within an hour, we came with a good idea for the poster, making an original designed with accurate historical content, and we decided to start the project next day after school. By Friday, the poster was almost done but there was some details missing that I was going to add at home because I had the material there, and it was less messy than to pick it up and return to Joanne's place; so, that afternoon I finally returned, after 5 days of being out, though I was only received by Andy, who looked weird.