Chapter 5

Elena's Pov

The rest of the day went by fast. Probably because I couldn't keep thinking about Stefan. His beautiful eyes, his perfect sculptured face, his hair....
"Elena! Elena! Hey Elena!!" Someone yelled.
"Woah what what!?" I jumped.
I realised I was just stood in the parking lot day-dreaming and it was Bonnie who was shouting me.
"Are you ok? You seemed out of it" She asked.
"Yes I'm fine, didn't get a good nights sleep, gotta go love Ya" I hurried and jumped in my car.

Stefan's Pov

I made it through the day. My first day.
I got home and found Zach fast asleep on the couch so I thought I could do some hunting whilst he's asleep.

I threw my school bag down and went out the back door to the forest. I vampire-sped ran to the centre of the forest. I let my senses take over. I listened carefully I heard birds flying, cars going by and then I heard it, a rustling noise about a mile away. I ran to wear my senses took me and stopped, I saw the deer, my gums started burning I could feel my fangs coming through, the veins under my eyes appearing and my eyes filled with blood, I ran for the deer, I caught it and slammed it down on the ground, I growled and sunk my fangs into its neck. I felt blood trickling down my throat it felt amazing, so fresh.
I ripped my fangs away and let the deer run, glad that's over with. I wiped my mouth with my sleeve. Then I heard her, Elena.

Elena's Pov

I pulled up at the cemetery, I've been coming here since the day of my parents funeral. I find it relaxing to write here, I feel like I'm still with them. I grabbed my bag and got out the car. I walked through the gates to my parents grave.
ᗰIᖇᗩᑎᗪᗩ ᗩᑎᗪ GᖇᗩYᔕOᑎ GIᒪᗷEᖇT
ᗪIEᗪ ᗰᗩY 23ᖇᗪ 2009
ᒪOᐯIᑎG ᖴᗩTᕼEᖇ, ᗰOTᕼEᖇ, ᗷᖇOTᕼEᖇ, ᔕIᔕTEᖇ ᗩᑎᗪ ᖴᖇIEᑎᗪ.
It was a beautiful stone, so clean.
I sat down across from they're grave and began to write.

Dear Diary,
Well I did it, I made it through the first day, now I've got to get through the rest of the year.
I met someone new. A boy. Stefan. I can't stop thinking about him, I wonder if he's thinking about me? No probably not.
Jeremy is ruining his life, drugs and alcohol. To be fair sometimes I let him cause it's probably the only thing that takes his pain away but then other times I think I could lose him.
-----
(Crow Hawking)
"Woah shew shew stupid crow" I said.
------
I better go diary stupid crow stalking me, Elena.
-----
I grabbed my back and got up. I turned around and that crow was there again. It started creeping me out so I ran to the tree's behind my parents grave.

Stefan's Pov
"Woah shew shew stupid crow" Elena said.
I walked to where I could hear her voice. I saw her she was running past some tree's and she fells down a little ditch.
"Ouch" she cried.
"Are you ok?" I asked worried.
She looked up.
"Yes I'm fine just slipped, what are you doing here?" She questioned.
Think Stefan. Think.
"Uhm I'm visiting I have family here" I answered.
"Oh my god I'm sorry, talkless" she said embarrassed.
"No no it's ok, are you sure your ok you seemed shaken up?" I asked.
"Well I was writing in my journal, and this crow kept appearing and it started freaking me out so I ran" she said.
Crow, Damon I thought.
"Oh it was probably just hungry looking for scraps or something" I suggested even though I knew I was wrong.
"Yes probably" she answered.
She was mesmerising, her beautiful brown eyes, her chocolate brunette hair and her dazzling smile.

Elena's Pov

He was mesmerising, his beautiful green eyes, his sandy blonde-brown hair and his dazzling smile.
"I'm Elena" I said.
"I'm Stefan" he replied.
"I know we have History together" I said.
"And English and French" he answered.
"Right" I said breathlessly.
"Can I walk you home?" He asked me.
"Uhm I actually have my car but you can walk me to it" I suggested happily.
"Uh yeah sure" he answered nervously.