Chapter 17

Elena's Pov

We finally finished shopping and got back to my car. We all got in and just collapsed in the seats cause we was so tired.
"I don't think I've ever done that much shopping in my entire life!" I said.
"Same" Bonnie laughed.
"Yep" Care agreed.
It was pitch black outside, it was 7:00pm.
"Wow we've been over 6 hours girls!" I said laughing.
"Let's get home" Bonnie said, I started the engine but it wouldn't work.
I tried again, same thing.
"Oh no, the car won't start" I said worried.
I look at the dash board and it said 'Gas Low' on it.
"Girls is there a Gas Station round here?" I asked them.
"Wait there I'll check my map on my phone" Care said.
"Yes there's one about 10 minutes that way she said pointing, here bump my phone with yours and you'll get the details" she said.
"Ok" I said and bumped my phone with hers.
"Ok I'll be back soon, just stay here and locks the doors" I said.
"Be careful Lena" Bonnie said.
"I will" and with that I got out the car and started walking, following the directions on my phone.

Stefan's Pov

It took us about 4 hours to get to my old place.
"We're here, wanna come look around?" I asked Damon.
"Yeh sure" he said and we both got out the car and started walking to the entrance of the apartment block.
We got to the 8th floor and arrived at door 8c.
"Here we are" I said a bit nervous, I haven't been here in a long long time.
I pushed the door open and we walked inside. The doors broke, probably because it's been broken into loads of times.
"What are exactly looking for?" Damon asked.
"A necklace, It's silver and has a red crystal on it" I said.
"Ok" he said. And we both started looking.
I walked to a little cupboard that I remembered you could move. I pulled it from the wall and found a hole, I reached my hand in and felt a little box. I pulled it out and opened it. There it was, the necklace.
"I've found it lets go" I told Damon and he followed me out to the car.

Elena's Pov

I was walking for about 5 minutes when I felt a bit strange, I felt like I was being watched. I turned around and I couldn't see anyone. So I just thought i was hallucinating.
I carried on walking to the Gas Station.
Suddenly I was being pushed down an ally, and pinned up against a wall.
"Ahh what are you doing!" I screamed.
"Sorry Elena, but you just look so tasty" he said.
"I'm guessing you a vampire then" I said quietly.
"Shut up and be quiet!" He said.
"No! HELPPPP!" I yelled from the top of my lungs.

Stefan's Pov

"HELPPPP!" I heard a girl scream, I knew who it was I didn't give it a second thought.
"Elena!" I said and started running.
"Damon follow me with the car!" I screamed.
I got to an ally and saw Elena pushed up against the wall. She saw me.
"Stefan?! Help please!" She yelled.
Another vampire stared me in the eyes.
"Stay away or she's dead!" He yelled.
"Too late" I said and charged towards him.
I pushed him off Elena and through him on the ground, and hit him furiously and ripped his heart out.
I just stared at the dead vampire on the ground. I turned around and saw Elena. I ran to her and pulled her into a hug.
"Hey shh it's okay it's ok I'm here now" she was shaking.
"Elena look at me" I said and she did.
"Did he hurt you in anyway?" I asked her.
"No, he would of done if you didn't turn up" she said happily.
"How did you know?" She asked.
"I was out here with Damon doing some errands" I told her.
"C'mon Damon's followed me with the car, and we'll drive you to Bonnie and Caroline" I said.
"We had no Gas, that's why I was on my own, I was going to get some" she explained.
"Ok we have some spare our trunk, c'mon lets go" I said and picked her up (bridal style) and carried her to the car. I put her in the back seat and got in next to her.
"Where did you park your car Elena?" Damon said.
"The Mall parking lot off Willow Street" she answered and Damon began driving.
We was driving and Elena was sat in my lap, I kissed her forehead and whispered to her that I love her, She looked up at me and grabbed my face and kissed me, and said "I love you too" and nestled her head in my chest again.
"Don't tell Bonnie and Caroline please just say you was driving and you gave me a ride" she asked and we both said "Ok".