Chapter 42

Jeremy's PoV

*vibrate*
My phone started going off in my pocket, I quickly put down to snooker cue and answers it.
"Hello?" I spoke.
"Hey Jer, it's Elena. Look can you come round to the Salvatore mansion. Something's happened" She asked.
"Uh, yeh sure, be there soon" I replied and hung up. I grabbed my jacket and walked outside.
"Taxi!" I yelled and a Cab pulled over.
"Can you take me to the Salvatore Boarding House please?" I asked kindly.
"Sure kid" The man replied and he started driving.

Stefan's PoV

I watched out for Jeremy whilst Elena was in the basement. She was drinking a blood bag to cure her appetite. Because of what's happened she feels more hungry.
Just then a bright yellow Taxi pulled up outside our home. Jeremy paid the driver and got out.
"Hey Stefan" He said.
"Hey Jeremy, Elena's inside, go on in" I told him. I followed after him.
Elena was waiting in the living room with tears in her eyes.
"Elena what's wrong?" Jeremy walked closer to her.
"It's Jenna. She's...she's dead Jer" Elena cried.
"Wh-what?" Jeremy stuttered.
"How..why..how is she dead!!" His voice got louder. That's when I decided to step in.
"Jeremy calm down. Let Elena explain" I told him and put my hand on his shoulder. He nodded.
Me and Elena had come up with a story to keep Jeremy and other relatives and friends at bay.
"She was hit by a car, this morning. She was going grocery shopping and a drunk driver hit her, she didn't make it" Elena said looking down at her feet.
"I can't believe this" He said quietly then broke down crying. Elena ran over to him and hugged him tightly.
"Everything's gonna be ok Jer, I promise" She said very plainly. What was wrong with her? Then I realised. She was planning to turn it all off.

Elena's PoV

After a very emotional couple of hours Jeremy went home, to pack some of his stuff. I compelled him to leave town for a while, go to Denver to live with our Aunt and Uncle for a little while. Just until things clear up.
I had changed Jenna into some of her favourite clothes. Brushed her hair and fixed her make up. I covered the bite marks with some foundation and a bandaid.
Stefan came into the room just then. With a interesting look on his face.
"Hey. So I have called an undertaker, they're gonna create a space for Jenna in the cemetery. I've compelled them not to tell anyone else. We can bury her whenever you're ready 'Lena" Stefan told me.
"Ok, can we do it tomorrow morning? I just want one last night with her" I explained to him.
"Of course beautiful. Take all the time you need" He walked over to me and kissed the top of my head. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his waist. Hugging him so tightly. He's been so amazing today. I can't thank him enough.
"I love you Stefan" I whispered into his chest.
"I love you too Elena" His whispered back and kissed my head again.