Chapter 11

Elena's Pov

"No, May 23rd 2009" Stefan said and I gasped.
"What?" I asked shakily.
"The day your parents car went off the bridge, I was there, every couple of years I come back here to see Zach and to see my home, I was out in the woods hunting when I heard the accident. I was fast getting there but not fast enough, the car was already submerged, I dove in and got to the car, your dad was still conscious, but he would let me help him...until I helped you" he explained.
"Oh-my-god" I stuttered.
"When I got you out I went back in to get your parents but I was too late. I went back to you and gave you cpr, you was alive but barely. I gave you my blood to help you and it made you stronger. I examined your face and I couldn't believe the resemblance, you looked exactly like Katherine, so after that I spent months making sure you weren't her, I watched you and tried to learn everything I could about you, and I realised you were nothing like Katherine, I was going to leave but Elena I couldn't leave without knowing you" he said nervously.
"Why do I look like her?" I asked.
Stefan looked down and took a deep breath.
"Why do I look like her Stefan what are you not telling me?" I asked sternly.
"You were adopted Elena" he said.
I choked on my breath.
"What?" I tried to breathe.
"It didn't make any sense to me at first you were a Gilbert, she was a Pierce, but the resemblance was to similar. So I searched through hospital records, there was no record of your mother ever being pregnant or admitted" he said.
"I'm sorry Elena" he choked.
"Thank you for telling me" I said crying, I grabbed his hand.
"I just can't believe I'm adopted, do you think they was ever gonna tell me?" I asked.
"I think so, just waiting for the right time" he answered.
We smiled at eachother and he leaned in. He gave my a sweet kiss and then leaned his forehead against mine.