About Ilhoon *PLEASE READ*

It's been exactly 4 years since I last posted an update about this. But as I am sure most of y'all are aware by now, both BTOB and APink have 6 members in their groups. We also know that BTOB and APink used to have 7 members; the former for the last 8 years.

When that news came out, I got the chills. I dreaded a day like this would come when the KPop scene got too peaceful. The Jessica departure from SNSD, though it happened 6 years ago on my birthday, was something I finally got over as I matured as a person and focused more on the new blood of KPop. But while Jessica was more a bias wrecker in SNSD, Ilhoon was my bias in BTOB.

And now it feels weird to say it, but he's now Jung Ilhoon. Not Ilhoon of BTOB.

What he did is something I never condoned, but at the same time it is also his lifestyle and I have come to turn a blind eye on it as long as it does not change his overall personality. I saw another article about why he dyed his hair, and to my knowledge, there is nothing overly wrong with changing your appearance.

Yes, I might be defending a new public criminal(?), but at the same time, I don't want his 8-year career to go to waste. Even if he becomes another B.I., Wonho or T.O.P., he still is a singer and a composer, and the reason why this fanfic plot is the way it is.

And on that note, I have decided to keep this fanfic on my profile regardless of the verdict regarding Ilhoon's actions.

For those who believe Ilhoon should be punished, at least read this fanfic for my other bias, APink's Bomi. The news is hitting a little too close to this fanfic but the story I crafted shall live on in at least one-half of the main characters. Besides, I think I punished Ilhoon enough by making him forget his first love in this fanfic.

For those who continue to support Ilhoon, I have always made it a point that this fanfic will encourage you too. Not really in the romance aspect (even if it says so in the title), but also that you can still hope for the best things to happen in your life. This is the same reason why I added Yookyung as a secondary character because a part of her memories is still associated with APink, even if she had already left.

In the end, probably none of the BTOB or APink members will see this, but as their fan I will make it a point to keep supporting them in the few ways I can think of.

Once again, I apologise for giving this semi-somber update regarding one of my biases in KPop.

- - -